Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: [Resolved] Looping kills rewards
[Resolved] Looping kills rewards
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 7 2009, 11:55 am
By: Alzarath  

Dec 7 2009, 11:55 am Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

Hey, I'm sure I'm making this more complicated than it has to be, but all I want, is for you to continuously get minerals every X kills.

Now, I don't need gas, so I've decided to use it as a counter. What I have tried to do is...

Trigger 1:
Quote
CONDITIONS:
- Current player kills exactly 1 men.
ACTIONS:
- Modify resources for Current player: Add 1 Vespene Gas.
- Modify score for Current player: Set 0 Kills.
- Preserve trigger.

Trigger 2:
Quote
CONDITIONS:
- Current player accumulates exactly 5 Vespene Gas.
ACTIONS:
- Modify resources for Current player: Add 5 Minerals.
- Modify resources for Current player: Set to 0 Vespene Gas.
- Display for current player: Congratulations, you have leveled up!
- Preserve trigger.


Now, I'm certain I see at least 1 mistake in here.. I think "Modify score for Current player: Set 0 Kills." refers to a leaderboard.

If it's not clear, what I'm trying to do is get it so every 5 kills, you get 5 minerals. It does so by adding gas, and when I get 5 gas, I get the reward.

Some help would be wonderful.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 7 2009, 1:34 pm by Artanis186.



None.

Dec 7 2009, 1:34 pm Alzarath Post #2

Praetor

UPDATE: Problem solved by this post: http://www.staredit.net/189606/



None.

Dec 7 2009, 2:25 pm Norm Post #3



If you ever want to expand on Kill score rewards, gimme a PM. Depending on what you're using it for, I have quite the epic system I can share with you.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Symmetry