Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Powering unpowered cannons
Powering unpowered cannons
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 5 2009, 7:36 am
By: ClansAreForGays  

Dec 5 2009, 7:36 am ClansAreForGays Post #1



Basically I want to do what KamikazeKow did in Town Wars when he replaced turrets with photon cannons that were unpowered, but still fired. I know it has something to do with set doodad state, but my guess+check ideas haven't panned out. I also heard you can only have 1 unpowered cannon powered at a time. That's weird. (Doesn't affect my situation much)




Dec 5 2009, 7:39 am FlashBeer Post #2



1 Per location, enable doodad state. I think you have to preserve trigger.



None.

Dec 5 2009, 7:59 am Neki Post #3



I'm pretty sure he created a neutral zergling under every cannon created. And then periodically he would cycle one location over each zergling, enable doodad state, give the zergling to another player and do that until there was no more neutral zerglings, and repeat the process.



None.

Dec 5 2009, 8:28 am ClansAreForGays Post #4



Preserve trigger did it :D ty




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Symmetry