Map Locked?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 1 2009, 9:14 pm
By: Mesden  

Dec 1 2009, 9:14 pm Mesden Post #1



So I just recently tried to test some Triggers out on my Map and I'm getting this weird issue where it locks the File. Well it doesn't actually lock it, it just prevents me from being able to open up Starcraft and Test the Map. Any ideas what's going on?

Attachments:
Locked.png
Hits: 17 Size: 402.55kb



None.

Dec 1 2009, 9:58 pm Vrael Post #2



This topic should probably be in UMS Assistance, not Map Production, just so you know.

It looks to me like you have the "open with" linked to the wrong program. It may be locked, if you have it saved in program files because your operating system (is that windows 7?) thinks its a program file and doesn't let you edit program files because Microsoft thinks we're all a bunch of dumb shits who can't tell our files from important windows files (which is partially true for some people). Try going into Files and Folder settings and seeing if there's an "unlock" option for protected files, and try changing the program that that file opens with to SCMDraft2.



None.

Dec 1 2009, 10:00 pm Mesden Post #3



That's not what's happening, I have no problems opening the File and Editing the Map, it's just whent I save it and go into Battle.Net to test it, it's not in the Download Folder.



None.

Dec 1 2009, 10:18 pm JaFF Post #4



The number of displayed items in a folder is limited in SC. Divide your downloads folder into two parts with approximately equal amount of maps in each, then you should be able to see it.



None.

Dec 1 2009, 10:30 pm ClansAreForGays Post #5



What's the exact number anyways?




Dec 1 2009, 10:49 pm Mesden Post #6



Okay I tried that, Deleted everything but the Map I wanted to Test, loaded up Battle.Net, went to the Download Folder and nothing was there.



None.

Dec 1 2009, 10:52 pm JaFF Post #7



Check that the map is actually in the downloads folder and that you're trying to open exactly that folder (you may have another folder called 'download')

Also, save the latest version under a simple name in the editor. Then reboot the editor and SC.

EDIT: CAFG, I don't know that number.



None.

Dec 2 2009, 2:11 am PearS Post #8



i was also getting something like this when trying to play vrael's new rpg map



None.

Dec 2 2009, 4:32 am rockz Post #9

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

My guess would be 256 files, including folders as 1 file each.

If the file isn't there, then it isn't there. Save it as a different name or something. Rename it a.scx. place it in just the "maps" folder. Try as many things as you can.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 2 2009, 6:14 am Vrael Post #10



Oh wait. I think I know what he means now. Log on to battle.net to play it, the number of files displayed when you're on battle.net isn't limited. I'm just used to doing everything on battle.net so I've rarely run into this problem myself, but basically when you go to play (single player), it shows all your maps alphabetically from A to like K or something and cuts off right?



None.

Dec 2 2009, 6:44 am rockz Post #11

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

no.
Quote
Okay I tried that, Deleted everything but the Map I wanted to Test, loaded up Battle.Net, went to the Download Folder and nothing was there.




"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 2 2009, 8:11 am Vrael Post #12



Quote from rockz
no.
Quote
Okay I tried that, Deleted everything but the Map I wanted to Test, loaded up Battle.Net, went to the Download Folder and nothing was there.
Okay I am dumbass.



None.

Dec 2 2009, 8:34 am ShadowDancer Post #13



Rockz: I have > 400 maps in my download dir, and starcraft show everything.

They fixed this problem in patches.



None.

Dec 2 2009, 8:41 am Jack Post #14

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Wait so does it work now? If not, rename the file to blahblah.scx, and try again.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Dec 2 2009, 4:17 pm rockz Post #15

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from ShadowDancer
Rockz: I have > 400 maps in my download dir, and starcraft show everything.

They fixed this problem in patches.
I had 300 some in mine, and it ended on the "s"es. We're talking about non-bnet multiplayer or custom.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 2 2009, 4:59 pm 13Stallion Post #16



make sure the filename is not incredibly long or it wont be read, happened to me with the map "Civil War-Battle Of Fredericksburg". I had to shorten the name considerably. also make sure if its a .scx map that ur trying to play it with the brood war cd, not the original or else it wont be seen

-Regarding the image, it seems that the map is set to open via windows compressor or w/e? can u change that to sc if possible. Ive never seen that happen b4 but maybe your computer is treating it as a file other than a sc map. Try to set it so that it opens with scmdraft or staredit. But still it should be read by sc regardless



None.

Dec 2 2009, 10:35 pm Mesden Post #17



Thanks Guys, FIgured it out. Apparently Windows 7 has some padlock update given to those who aren't Administrators. Keeps others from accessing Files you don't want them to see.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Symmetry