Protoss Probe
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 28 2009, 9:31 pm
By: Apos  

Nov 28 2009, 9:31 pm Apos Post #1

I order you to forgive yourself!

Is there a way to make a probe not be able to build buildings for a certain amount of time?

I am making a defense map. In between the levels, the probe can build pylons but during the level, he can't build them. The way I'm doing right now is detect when a player builds the pylon and remove it. It works pretty well but I wanted to know if there was an other way of doing it.




Nov 28 2009, 9:34 pm Devourer Post #2

Hello

You cannot disable/enable buttons via triggers, that would only work for buildings which got requirement-buildings like the cybernetic core needs a gateway: if you don't want the player to be able to build a core: remove the gateway. This also is not useful for every type of map.
I'm afraid for pylons there is no other way than doing what you said.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Nov 28 2009, 9:38 pm Apos Post #3

I order you to forgive yourself!

Anyway, in my map, my detection is instant and the warp doesn't even show.
The only thing that I didn't like was that the sound after the pylon was build would still play.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 28 2009, 9:43 pm by apos.




Nov 28 2009, 10:14 pm ClansAreForGays Post #4



Mapping's equivalent to "white people problems" :lookaround:

Does gas have a purpose in your map? you could make pylons cost 1 gas, and constantly set their gas to 1 when it's ok to build, and 0 when it's not.




Nov 29 2009, 12:05 am poiuy_qwert Post #5

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Or transfer the minerals to DCs then back next round (using binary count offs).




Nov 29 2009, 1:43 am Apos Post #6

I order you to forgive yourself!

I guess that's what I'll do; changed it so the pylons cost 1 gas and during the levels, transfer the gas to death counters.
This was pretty simple.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Symmetry