2 Q's
Nov 27 2009, 9:10 pm
By: ClansAreForGays  

Nov 27 2009, 9:10 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1



1.
Quote
The "Create Units with Properties" action may be used only 64 times per map. Fortunately, a number of properties are modifiable through other actions.
by 'used', does that mean even if I use 1 trigger but I preserve it, it won't fire more than 64 times? Or does it mean I can only have 64 triggers that create units with properties.

2. When I make a trigger that isn't preserved, but owned by 6 players, and uses current player conditions, can it run for more than 1 player? and by that I mean can p1 meet the conditions and have it fire, and then later on in the map p5 meet the conditions, and have it fire for him(w/o being preserved)




Nov 27 2009, 9:24 pm Morphling Post #2



1. I forget
2. Yes, the trigger is made six times, one for each player, and will only fire under each player if the conditions are met for that player.



None.

Nov 27 2009, 9:44 pm JaFF Post #3



1. Uhhh. I might be wrong, but I think there are 64 sets of properties you can use. This means that you can have as many identical property sets as you like, but only 64 unique ones. I'd wait for Kaias to respond to this, though.

2. Assigning a trigger for 6 players simply copies it once per player specified. So in theory, yes, you can have one trigger owned by 6 players that will fire once for each player. However, don't forget that triggers are scanned 1-8, so if the conditions for that trigger are met while P1's triggers are scanned, it fires and makes its own condition invalid, it will not fire for any orther players.



None.

Nov 27 2009, 10:25 pm NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from JaFF
1. Uhhh. I might be wrong, but I think there are 64 sets of properties you can use. This means that you can have as many identical property sets as you like, but only 64 unique ones.
Correct. Those are called the CUWP (create units with properties) slots.

Quote from JaFF
I'd wait for Kaias to respond to this, though.
I feel left out... :sadwalk:




Nov 27 2009, 10:29 pm Vrael Post #5



1). If you examine the text trigger editor in SCMDraft2, and make an example "Create units with properties" action, as one of the parameters, you will see a random apparently out-of-place number. That number is linked to the "Unit Properties" tab, at the top of the text trigedit. Each entry in the Unit Properties tab may be used multiple times by multiple triggers, but you may only have 64 entries in that list.



None.

Nov 27 2009, 10:43 pm JaFF Post #6



Quote from NudeRaider
Quote from JaFF
1. Uhhh. I might be wrong, but I think there are 64 sets of properties you can use. This means that you can have as many identical property sets as you like, but only 64 unique ones.
Correct. Those are called the CUWP (create units with properties) slots.

Quote from JaFF
I'd wait for Kaias to respond to this, though.
I feel left out... :sadwalk:
Sorry. I just thought of Kaias because I remembered speaking to him about it a while back... Don't worry, you have my love. <3

I'll go edit the MM FAQ thread with this.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Symmetry