Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Self-Powering cannons
Self-Powering cannons
Nov 22 2009, 7:49 pm
By: Basteille  

Nov 22 2009, 7:49 pm Basteille Post #1



I've heard of a trigger that allows some protoss buildings to be powered without a pylon, such as a cannon. Is this possible? I've heard that it only works on smaller maps... Thanks if you take up this task to help me.



None.

Nov 22 2009, 7:52 pm stickynote Post #2



I think you have to create and remove the pylon rapidly?



None.

Nov 22 2009, 7:53 pm Falkoner Post #3



If you use the Enable Doodad State action on them they become powered, this is the same for all protoss buildings, but whenever a new unit is created, either by triggers or by building, and some other factors also do this I think, the cannon will become disabled again until you enable it once more.



None.

Nov 22 2009, 7:57 pm JaFF Post #4



Quote from Falkoner
If you use the Enable Doodad State action on them they become powered, this is the same for all protoss buildings, but whenever a new unit is created, either by triggers or by building, and some other factors also do this I think, the cannon will become disabled again until you enable it once more.
Created or killed, I think.



None.

Nov 23 2009, 7:39 am UnholyUrine Post #5



Quote
If you use the Enable Doodad State action on them they become powered, this is the same for all protoss buildings, but whenever a new unit is created, either by triggers or by building, and some other factors also do this I think, the cannon will become disabled again until you enable it once more.

You can also force them to be active by preserving the trigger for enabling their state plus hyper triggers...
You'll still see times in which the cannon spas's out... but it works for the most part.



None.

Nov 23 2009, 6:21 pm Wormer Post #6



Just for completeness.
It is sad but once the building which is upgrading something got disabled, the upgrade won't continue after enabling.
As far as I remember training men works fine though.



Some.

Nov 26 2009, 6:24 am Basteille Post #7



I still don't know how to do it, I used center locations on units then enable doodad state as well as doing an overall doodad enable trigger. The cannons don't work, but the gateways do... Sort of.



None.

Nov 26 2009, 6:29 am Falkoner Post #8



You can only enable one at a time, but if you give it away then it gets disabled once again, so in order to make it work you must place burrowed units under each cannon, and center on each burrowed unit, enable the cannon there, then give the burrowed unit away and center on the next one.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM], Symmetry