Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Computer Attack Priority
Computer Attack Priority
Nov 22 2009, 4:08 pm
By: Dungeon-Master  

Nov 22 2009, 4:08 pm Dungeon-Master Post #1



The problem is the following: I need a list of the computer attack priorities, I've been looking in the wiki and tutorials but nothing came up...
I need it for a vHP with burrowed units under the heroes, I use one computer wich is only used for the vHP, it has burrowed units under each heroes (3) and for practical reasons it must be 3 diffrent units, so it'l be like an hydralisk under one hero, a zergling under another and a lurker under the last one.

I am concerned by the attack priority, I once heard about it but didn't cared much. I know that the computer priorises units that attack over casters/peons, but I want to know if there is burrowable units that have the same priority so that no hero needs to tank, and if its impossible, I'l at least know what unit will be used for each hero...

Sounds complicated, and it's been around a year I didn't wrote anything in english about map making, so if you need clarification, tell me!



None.

Nov 22 2009, 5:22 pm MEMEME670 Post #2



I believe it places units that are in range of them above units that arent, but for burrowed units, it will likely place lurker as highest priority, and then go with whats closest, due to them not being able to attack.



None.

Nov 22 2009, 5:39 pm Dungeon-Master Post #3



Yea but i once saw some sort of list I dumbily didn't keep on my ocmputer, showing that the first targets were like hydras over zerglings, and ultralisks over hydra...



None.

Nov 22 2009, 5:48 pm poiuy_qwert Post #4

PyMS and ProTRG developer

The kill score is a large (if not the largest) factor in target priority iirc




Nov 22 2009, 5:52 pm rockz Post #5

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

current hp is involved too.

No list exists, so it would be incredibly helpful if you took the burden upon yourself and figured it out.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 22 2009, 6:31 pm Dungeon-Master Post #6



Quote from rockz
current hp is involved too.

No list exists, so it would be incredibly helpful if you took the burden upon yourself and figured it out.
Yea I might jut do that... well thanks, I'm up for some boring, ass-killing testing!



None.

Nov 23 2009, 12:26 am Kenoli Post #7



Computers seem to prioritize Lurker -> Hydralisk -> Zergling, perhaps based on their killscore, assuming equal HP.
Hydralisks are targeted before Lurkers when they have about 15% less HP.
Zerglings are targeted before Lurkers when they have about 50% less HP.

Also, distance doesn't appear to play any part in computer targeting. They always hit the left-most unit.



None.

Nov 23 2009, 12:37 am NudeRaider Post #8

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Kenoli
They always hit the left-most unit.
Maybe because of UnitID? Usually the left-most units have the lowest IDs. In Staredit at least. In ScmDraft the IDs are given in the order of when you placed them.




Nov 23 2009, 12:41 am Falkoner Post #9



It's not really Unit ID, but it's probably similar to how location centering and other actions decide which unit to center on when there are multiples. Although, if it is, perhaps Unit ID comes into play if two are on the same X coordinate.



None.

Nov 23 2009, 12:41 am Kenoli Post #10



Definitely left-most.
Also I didn't notice any correlation between targeting and unit ID.
Apparently based on unit ID for vertically aligned units.



None.

Nov 23 2009, 1:58 am payne Post #11

:payne:

Lethal got a very good knowledge of this subject, ask him, he'll answer you with accuracy.
I remember he said that:
1) Closest unit (when equal, it goes from left to right)
2) Highest Kill score (it can over-pass closeness)

There was also, as far as I remember, a question of "the last unit with an action upon".



None.

Nov 23 2009, 6:13 am Kenoli Post #12



Computer controlled units don't care about closeness and human controlled units don't care about killscore value.

Quote
There was also, as far as I remember, a question of "the last unit with an action upon".
I guess that means something like,
All of this is completely thrown out the window if the unit is actively being attacked by something.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MarineElite