Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Terrain wont work after pasting
Terrain wont work after pasting
Nov 17 2009, 7:53 pm
By: Super Duper  

Nov 17 2009, 7:53 pm Super Duper Post #1



I was working on a 256x256 map that had very nice terrain.
There was a certain map I had in mind that I wanted to paste this 256x256 terrain onto. (For the record, the map I was going to paste it on was 256x256).
So I copied the terrain from MY map then pasted it onto my other map. They were both jungle maps.
Now, I pasted it and now when I want to edit the terrain, it has the terrain I selected, but when I try to add the terrain, it is flat and rectangular and null is around it.
Any help will be appreciated ^^
EDIT: Im using SCMDRAFT 2.0



None.

Nov 17 2009, 7:55 pm Dem0n Post #2

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

You can't edit copied terrain with the isometrical terrain brush. You just have to copy/paste more stuff, I'm afraid.




Nov 17 2009, 8:01 pm Biophysicist Post #3



First, back up your map. Next, get WinMPQ and use it to open both maps and extract their scenario.chk files. Open the scenario.chk from the map you copied the terrain from (in Notepad) and find the ISOM section. Copy the ISOM section. Close Notepad and open the other map's scenario.chk. Replace its ISOM section with the ISOM from the first map. Save the file as "scenario2.chk". Re-open WinMPQ and delete the scenario.chk file. Then, go MPQ>Add and add the scenario2.chk file. Rename it to scenario.chk, along with anything else that was in the filename of the original file. Close WinMPQ and Notepad, and open the map in your map editor. If you did it right, the terrain should function normally.

You might need to consult this link: http://www.staredit.net/wiki/scenario.chk_format

If you don't understand, PM me both maps and I'll do it for you when I get home.

EDIT: @above: Incorrect.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 17 2009, 8:02 pm by TassadarZeratul. Reason: You lose The Game.



None.

Nov 17 2009, 8:03 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

The only way to edit your terrain without getting these null tiles is to edit it into your original terrain and then copy+paste again into the 2nd map.
Always keep your first map because otherwise you're fucked up ;)

In resume, you cannot place isometric terrain onto copy+pasted (which is equivalent to extended terrain) without having these unwanted tiles appearing on the edges.

EDIT: Didn't see TZ had posted, sorry ^^
And damnit, I lost the Game, damn you! D:<



None.

Nov 17 2009, 8:03 pm Dem0n Post #5

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
First, back up your map. Next, get WinMPQ and use it to open both maps and extract their scenario.chk files. Open the scenario.chk from the map you copied the terrain from (in Notepad) and find the ISOM section. Copy the ISOM section. Close Notepad and open the other map's scenario.chk. Replace its ISOM section with the ISOM from the first map. Save the file as "scenario2.chk". Re-open WinMPQ and delete the scenario.chk file. Then, go MPQ>Add and add the scenario2.chk file. Rename it to scenario.chk, along with anything else that was in the filename of the original file. Close WinMPQ and Notepad, and open the map in your map editor. If you did it right, the terrain should function normally.

You might need to consult this link: http://www.staredit.net/wiki/scenario.chk_format

If you don't understand, PM me both maps and I'll do it for you when I get home.

EDIT: @above: Incorrect.

Woah, seriously? That's pretty awesome. :O




Nov 17 2009, 11:55 pm Falkoner Post #6



You can also use Starcraft Map Importer & Exporter to quickly splice the terrain over without any problems.



None.

Nov 18 2009, 5:51 pm NudeRaider Post #7

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from payne
Always keep your first map because otherwise you're fucked up ;)
Since she's using ScmDraft she can just extract it from the backup database.




Nov 18 2009, 8:18 pm Dem0n Post #8

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Unless the backup database is turned off. I know mine is; that shit messes up your maps if you have big wavs in it. >_>




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MarineElite