Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Queen disappearing
Queen disappearing
Nov 15 2009, 12:53 am
By: payne  

Nov 15 2009, 12:53 am payne Post #1

:payne:

As soon as the player (only the Player 1) chooses the Hunter Killer level, he loses his Queen and thus cannot play the level.
I looked at the triggers and I really just cannot see why.
Also, I'd love to find a way to make these Queen blind.

Thanks for help :(
Here is the map.



None.

Nov 15 2009, 2:43 am Kaias Post #2



All Players is equivalent to checking all the players from 1 to 12 for which players run the trigger

With the current trigger order it runs like this:

1. If switch 4 is set, give the Neutral hunter killers to the Human Players
2. If hunter killer level chosen, set switch 4
3. If switch 4 is set and current player doesn't have a hunter killer, remove queen for current player

So, the level starts and the queen is removed because the hunter killers are still owned by Neutral and remain Neutral until the next loop.

Rather than having the trigger owned by All Players, make a trigger owned by P1-5 that gives 1 hunter killer owned by Neutral at 4-1 to current player when switch 4 is set and ensure that this trigger is between the trigger that sets switch 4 and the trigger that removes the queen if current player owns no hunter killer.



None.

Nov 15 2009, 4:03 am payne Post #3

:payne:

Quote from Kaias
All Players is equivalent to checking all the players from 1 to 12 for which players run the trigger

With the current trigger order it runs like this:

1. If switch 4 is set, give the Neutral hunter killers to the Human Players
2. If hunter killer level chosen, set switch 4
3. If switch 4 is set and current player doesn't have a hunter killer, remove queen for current player

So, the level starts and the queen is removed because the hunter killers are still owned by Neutral and remain Neutral until the next loop.

Rather than having the trigger owned by All Players, make a trigger owned by P1-5 that gives 1 hunter killer owned by Neutral at 4-1 to current player when switch 4 is set and ensure that this trigger is between the trigger that sets switch 4 and the trigger that removes the queen if current player owns no hunter killer.
You are a god...
You are God.

EDIT: Okay, fixed ^^ Thank you very much! :D
Also, is the reason why the medics wouldn't blind the Queen because they aren't under attack ? I'd need the Queen to cast Ensnare on them or something? :O

I also tried to copy-paste your triggers in totality (with very few minor changes) and it ended up crashing my map (I, since then, did a bit of progress on the version which do not disable the Queens). I like the effect of not seeing the others' Queens, just as if they'd be tunnelling. May I know why the hell it wouldn't work and crash ? (And I've heard I was always the first to get dropped and all the others could still play, but I am not sure).
Here is the map (no need to rename the map, the file name has its underscore replaced with a space).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 15 2009, 4:13 am by payne.



None.

Nov 15 2009, 8:40 am Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Disabling units often crashes SC unless done correctly and with the right units.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 15 2009, 9:49 am Madroc Post #5



Quote from payne
Also, is the reason why the medics wouldn't blind the Queen because they aren't under attack ? I'd need the Queen to cast Ensnare on them or something? :O
Yeah, medics've got to be under attack if you want them to blind something.. Just put a bunch of firebats or anything really close to them and i'm pretty sure they will just blind everything in sight.



None.

Nov 15 2009, 5:26 pm payne Post #6

:payne:

Quote from Madroc
Quote from payne
Also, is the reason why the medics wouldn't blind the Queen because they aren't under attack ? I'd need the Queen to cast Ensnare on them or something? :O
Yeah, medics've got to be under attack if you want them to blind something.. Just put a bunch of firebats or anything really close to them and i'm pretty sure they will just blind everything in sight.
Won't they blind only the firebats ? Anyways, I do not need them to be blind anymore ;o
zany, Kaias had did it properly. Here is his map:

Attachments:
imp sen kaias.scx
Hits: 1 Size: 44.08kb



None.

Nov 15 2009, 6:15 pm Madroc Post #7



Quote from payne
Quote from Madroc
Quote from payne
Also, is the reason why the medics wouldn't blind the Queen because they aren't under attack ? I'd need the Queen to cast Ensnare on them or something? :O
Yeah, medics've got to be under attack if you want them to blind something.. Just put a bunch of firebats or anything really close to them and i'm pretty sure they will just blind everything in sight.
Won't they blind only the firebats ? Anyways, I do not need them to be blind anymore ;o
zany, Kaias had did it properly. Here is his map:
No sir, if the medic has firebats flaming with her, I guarantee you she will bring booze for the entire party. Everyone will get so wasted they won't be able to see straight, and she can do what she likes with the firebats who were flaming with her. Especially if you give her energy drinks every few trigger cycles.

But yeah glad to see you solved your problem.




None.

Nov 15 2009, 6:22 pm Jack Post #8

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Make the fbats invincible.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 15 2009, 7:04 pm payne Post #9

:payne:

Quote from name:zany_001
Make the fbats invincible.
Rofl, so simple >.<
Anyways, I do not need them to be blind anymore, as I've said.
My new problem: it seems like some times, the queen gets removed from the field while the Hunter Killer is still burrowed. It always happen over Walls. I suspect the"unburrow-detection system", though I'm not sure.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MarineElite