Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Anti-Maphack Sprites
Anti-Maphack Sprites
Nov 9 2009, 2:08 am
By: Project100  

Nov 9 2009, 2:08 am Project100 Post #1



For a map im making, I need to know what sprite/unit sprite crashes the game for a person that can see it on their minimap.



None.

Nov 9 2009, 2:15 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Against zynastors map hack, sprites no longer work.

You can use any sprite like Cantina to crash other map hacks, but it doesn't work through the mini map, you instead center their screen over where the sprite is.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 9 2009, 2:20 am Project100 Post #3



Thank you.



None.

Nov 9 2009, 2:22 am Falkoner Post #4



I would recommend looking into other old crashing methods, I don't want to name any for fear of them getting patched, but I can assure you there are still methods of crashing Oblivion.

Also, just a hint, lots of simple crashes still work.



None.

Nov 9 2009, 2:24 am Project100 Post #5



I have a method for anti-maphacking by way of crashing that I had as more of a backup. I won't say exactly what it is, but it takes more space than what I wanted.



None.

Nov 9 2009, 6:31 pm Heinermann Post #6

memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes

Crashes can be patched. It might be possible to desynch a hacker using the images buffer limit.




Nov 9 2009, 9:25 pm Project100 Post #7



I've never heard of the images buffer limit.



None.

Nov 10 2009, 12:34 am rockz Post #8

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

So images don't draw for your starcraft if you can't see them?



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Nov 10 2009, 3:31 am Heinermann Post #9

memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes

It would need to be tested. Place about 750 pylons and set their HP to 1%. That should reach the images limit. When you create a unit, you should receive the "Cannot create unit." message (not CCMU, a different one).

I remember being away from the pylons and not being able to build anything, and having the pylons in view, being able to build stuff. I may have a bad memory because that doesn't make sense at all.




Nov 14 2009, 1:06 am scwizard Post #10



I don't think that works. I get "unable to create unit" regardless of whether or not I can see the stacked pylons.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MarineElite