Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: control and unit exclusion help
control and unit exclusion help
Oct 28 2009, 8:46 pm
By: NEWMEMBAR  

Oct 28 2009, 8:46 pm NEWMEMBAR Post #1



I couldn't find the answers to these problems anywhere on your site, or at any of the provided links. So if it's there, don't yell at me; I tried.

Is there a way to EXCLUDE a unit from a condition. I want the condition to affect all men within location X, but not affect probes. I did it by hand (every single unit) and it bugged out when it saved and lost some of the info. I'm trying to save time.

Also, I wonder if you can share control\psi\supply between two people on the same team, such that you can't exceed the standard 200 across both players, and player 1's control won't go down if a trigger were to switch control of a unit from him to player 2.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 28 2009, 8:52 pm by NEWMEMBAR.



None.

Oct 28 2009, 9:20 pm Kaias Post #2



Quote from NEWMEMBAR
I couldn't find the answers to these problems anywhere on your site, or at any of the provided links. So if it's there, don't yell at me; I tried.

Is there a way to EXCLUDE a unit from a condition. I want the condition to affect all men within location X, but not affect probes. I did it by hand (every single unit) and it bugged out when it saved and lost some of the info. I'm trying to save time.
No, I'm afraid there isn't.

Quote from NEWMEMBAR
Also, I wonder if you can share control\psi\supply between two people on the same team, such that you can't exceed the standard 200 across both players, and player 1's control won't go down if a trigger were to switch control of a unit from him to player 2.
There is no way to do this without being creative and requiring a lot of work. You would have to count all the supply modifiers in the playing field for each of the 2 players (pylons, hatcheries, supply depots, overlords etc) and mirror create that for the other in some off playing field corner. Then you'd also have to count every possible unit type that the players can have, add up the supply cost they would add up to be for each player, and mirror that supply usage off the board in units to take up that psi for each. You'd have to have triggers checking this continually and every time a difference is found between the players make the appropriate changes.

Like I said, quite a bit of work.



None.

Oct 28 2009, 10:07 pm rockz Post #3

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

you can either move the probes away, then back, or do it for every single one.

You can create a virtual supply via minerals/gas. It would be difficult to detect when building something (though you can detect mineral loss, and cancel the construction) if you are over supply, and remove that unit. Either way, it's hard. If you're interested, it's possible.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Dem0n