Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Ghost Won't Stay Cloaked
Ghost Won't Stay Cloaked
Oct 23 2009, 4:21 pm
By: Warlord_Master  

Oct 23 2009, 4:21 pm Warlord_Master Post #1



It Cloaks at start and decloaks, i tried placing them manually, then created them with triggers with properties: cloaked and invincible. they spawn normal and stay normal. I modified energy count to 100% for computer player.



None.

Oct 23 2009, 4:40 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

The obvious first: Make sure you have the tech enabled.
Computer players tend to decloak their ghosts when there's no threat. Especially when they run a melee AI.
I'm not sure how to prevent that, but you could try to create them in a secluded area, attack them and then move them to where you want to have them.




Oct 23 2009, 5:24 pm Warlord_Master Post #3



I tried moving them but they decloak, i enabled the cloak for player also. I put the ghost near enemy computer so it cloaks when it gets attacked so problem solved.
but my next question is how do you make the computer nuke multiple places at once, i set 4 locations and the comp seems to only nuke 1 of them and then run around in circles with other ghosts...



None.

Oct 23 2009, 6:40 pm NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

You can't. The AI can only handle 1 nuke at a time. Only solution is to use 4 computer players.




Oct 26 2009, 5:47 am slicksix Post #5



Hey, I have found a solution to this which will (probably) work for you. Keep in mind this method does require a bit of work to ensure it works; however it is impossible to uncloak (from my understanding)

Basically, all that is required is doing the disable doodad trick that cloaks units. I can't remember right off hand what the exact sequence is to do this, but when it is executed the ghost will have the cloak teched but, when clicked, won't uncloak. Don't take my word for it as it's been a while since I've tried, but I believe it was disable -> enable -> disable -> move?? probably not. but something like that, you can find it if you use the search function.

I do not guarantee that this will work for a computer player though as I've never tried it. Good luck.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Dem0n