Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: walkable/unwalkable
walkable/unwalkable
Oct 16 2009, 7:18 pm
By: ClansAreForGays  

Oct 16 2009, 7:18 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1



Are there some tiles of terrain that have both walkable and unwalkable parts in the same tile?

Or are tiles strictly either completely walkable, or completely unwalkable.




Oct 16 2009, 7:18 pm Falkoner Post #2



Yeah, if you wanna look into it, I'd recommend asking Farty for a link to HawtTiles, it can show you all the minitiles inside a tile that are either walkable or not.



None.

Oct 16 2009, 8:22 pm Morphling Post #3



You could always select a unit to place and scmdraft will show the shaded part of the tile which is unwalkable.



None.

Oct 16 2009, 8:37 pm Falkoner Post #4



This is just a little theory of mine, so correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I think that a tile is either placeable or inplaceable, so even if you can walk on part of one, that doesn't mean a unit can be created or moved there with triggers.



None.

Oct 16 2009, 8:38 pm rockz Post #5

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!


you mean like these?

@ falkoner, pretty sure that's incorrect, but it would only require a simple test. preplace a square unit (can't think of a good small one), center location on it, remove it, create one again, next to a corner.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 16 2009, 8:47 pm by rockz.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Oct 16 2009, 8:51 pm Wormer Post #6



Quote from Falkoner
This is just a little theory of mine, so correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I think that a tile is either placeable or inplaceable, so even if you can walk on part of one, that doesn't mean a unit can be created or moved there with triggers.
Something like this, but I believe you know units could be moved if there is another unit. However powerups could not be placed on unplaceable tiles in any way, because they are kind of aligned to the grid.

That way each tile has it's placeable and unplaceable areas. Though I wonder where is this defined?



Some.

Oct 16 2009, 10:12 pm Falkoner Post #7



Quote
but I believe you know units could be moved if there is another unit

Can they be? Because I can't move a burrowed unit under a normal unit if it's like inside a cliff or something.



None.

Oct 17 2009, 7:05 am Wormer Post #8



Quote from Falkoner
Quote
but I believe you know units could be moved if there is another unit

Can they be? Because I can't move a burrowed unit under a normal unit if it's like inside a cliff or something.
I meant when not inside but on the edge.



Some.

Oct 17 2009, 7:31 am Kaias Post #9



Quote from rockz

you mean like these?

@ falkoner, pretty sure that's incorrect, but it would only require a simple test. preplace a square unit (can't think of a good small one), center location on it, remove it, create one again, next to a corner.
Like the picture shows, the dark parts signify implacable terrain. A tile isn't always either implacable or not.



None.

Oct 17 2009, 7:57 am ClansAreForGays Post #10



Helped a lot.




Oct 17 2009, 4:19 pm Kaias Post #11



Quote from Falkoner
This is just a little theory of mine, so correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I think that a tile is either placeable or inplaceable, so even if you can walk on part of one, that doesn't mean a unit can be created or moved there with triggers.
Incorrect.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Dem0n