Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Khaydarin Crystal Formation, neutral?
Khaydarin Crystal Formation, neutral?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 16 2009, 2:16 pm
By: Drakiel  

Oct 16 2009, 2:16 pm Drakiel Post #1



Okay, I'm using a Protoss Temple for "Empowerment" and Khaydarin Crystal Formation for "Resource Accumulation".

The trigger concept is VERY simple.
Cond:
Player brings civilian
Player doesn't command building
Action:
Play wav
Remove 1 civilian
Give building
Ping
Preserve

This works fine! But when I try the EXACT same triggers, using Khaydarin Crystal Formation under the conditions... the triggers work, but always preserve. (ie keep sucking in civilians and re-giving the same building). Khaydarin Crystal IS given to X player, but do triggers read it as that player owning it?
The only thing I can think of is if the "building" is a Neutral unit and always belongs to P12 (even if given to another player, with appropriate player color displaying).

I can easily just use a different building/unit to replace the crystal, but this problem still urks me.

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//
Trigger("Force 1"){
Conditions:
Bring("Force 1", "Terran Civilian", "Empowerment1", At least, 1);
Bring("Force 1", "Protoss Temple", "Empowerment1", Exactly, 0);

Actions:
Play WAV("sound\\Misc\\PRescue.wav", 1637);
Remove Unit At Location("Force 1", "Terran Civilian", 1, "Empowerment1");
Display Text Message(Always Display, "\x013\x002\x007Empowerment Checkpoint Aquired \x004(+1 Frag Count)\r\n\r\n");
Give Units to Player("All players", "Player 4", "Protoss Temple", 1, "Empowerment1");
Minimap Ping("Empowerment1");
Preserve Trigger();
}
//-----------------------------------------------------------------//

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//
Trigger("Force 1"){
Conditions:
Bring("Force 1", "Terran Civilian", "Resource1", At least, 1);
Bring("Force 1", "Kyadarin Crystal Formation", "Resource1", Exactly, 0);

Actions:
Play WAV("sound\\Misc\\PRescue.wav", 1637);
Remove Unit At Location("Force 1", "Terran Civilian", 1, "Resource1");
Display Text Message(Always Display, "\x013\x002\x007Resource Checkpoint Aquired \x004(+1 Resource Income)\r\n\r\n");
Give Units to Player("All players", "Player 4", "Khaydarin Crystal Formation", 1, "Resource1");
Minimap Ping("Resource1");
Preserve Trigger();
}



None.

Oct 16 2009, 3:01 pm Neki Post #2



Who is Force 1 and is Player 4 part of this force?



None.

Oct 16 2009, 3:05 pm Drakiel Post #3



Force 1 is P1-4
P4 is ally Comp
Force 2 is P5-8
P8 is ally Comp
I had to the buildings to a specific comp/player, rather than just "force 1".

Okay I thought I solved it but I didn't.... the trigger keeps preserving under the condition:
Force 1 brings at least 1 Terran Civilian to 'Resource1'.
Force 1 brings exactly 0 Kyadarin Crystal Formation to 'Resource1'.
Action:
Give building
Remove civilian
Preserve

The trigger works but it keeps preserving! Every time I bring a civilian there. So it's like "Force 1" never posses a Crystal there.
I tried changing Force 1 to Player X. It still didn't work.

On a seperate test map,
I tried a test to see if the Khaydarin Crystal Formation is in fact neutral, to see if I can run Conditions based on "if player commands". The triggers worked fine. The Crystal can be given to players and triggers can be run when possessed by X player.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 16 2009, 7:02 pm by NudeRaider. Reason: merged posts



None.

Oct 16 2009, 5:44 pm rockz Post #4

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

It sounds like you have another trigger which gives it back. Search for it in trigedit.

Also, it's "irk", not "urk". Please, don't double post, unless it's been a few days and you need a bump.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Oct 17 2009, 5:38 pm DavidJCobb Post #5



Kyadarin Crystal Formation and Khaydarin Crystal Formation are different units. Kyadarin is a beta unit that was cut from the game; it may have been an early concept for the Khaydarin.

The reason I mention this is, the condition for the second trigger you posted checks Kyadarin, but the action works with Khaydarin.



None.

Oct 18 2009, 5:25 pm Drakiel Post #6



You are a gentlemen and a scholar, DavidJCobb. Thank you very much.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Wing Zero