Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Help with map that resets on winning?
Help with map that resets on winning?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Oct 10 2009, 5:11 pm
By: Cred  

Oct 10 2009, 5:11 pm Cred Post #1



Hello, me and two other friends like to play together vs 3or 4 computers. I was wondering if there's anyway to reset the map so that we don't have to rm everytime we win/lose.

Preferably on the BGH map.

Thanks.



None.

Oct 10 2009, 5:24 pm lil-Inferno Post #2

Just here for the pie

When foes/allies and yourself have no more buildings, set minerals to 50 and gas to 0 for all players as well as refill all Mineral Fields and Vespene Geysers. Remove all units for every player. Place the starting buildings and units at where the person would normally begin at in a normal melee. Randomize the computer's race if you want to with randomized switches. Of course, this would have to be done in Use Map Settings, so you would need to give computers AI scripts.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 10 2009, 5:55 pm by lil-Inferno.




Oct 10 2009, 5:37 pm Cred Post #3



okay i got up to "remove all units for every player"

how i randomize races for everyone and run AI scripts so the computers



None.

Oct 10 2009, 5:44 pm lil-Inferno Post #4

Just here for the pie

Quote from Cred
okay i got up to "remove all units for every player"

how i randomize races for everyone and run AI scripts so the computers
I see that you want to face three to four computers, so you will need to randomize two switches and preserve the trigger. When the round is over, have a trigger run through the computer players. Let's say for example that when switch 1 is cleared and switch 2 is cleared, the first computer is Terran. When switch 1 is set and switch 2 is cleared, the first computer is Protoss. When they're both set, the computer is Zerg. Then the triggers move on to the next computer.

You run AI scripts under the trigger "Run AI Script". You need to choose an AI script that corresponds with the computer's TRUE race (what they are in the game lobby). I'd advise using a campaign AI script.




Oct 10 2009, 5:53 pm Moose Post #5

Armor: 90.50%

You also have to refill/replace minerals and gas.




Oct 10 2009, 5:54 pm lil-Inferno Post #6

Just here for the pie

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
You also have to refill/replace minerals and gas.
I forgot about that. I'll edit my post to include it.




Oct 10 2009, 6:05 pm Cred Post #7



Quote from lil-Inferno
I see that you want to face three to four computers, so you will need to randomize two switches and preserve the trigger. When the round is over, have a trigger run through the computer players. Let's say for example that when switch 1 is cleared and switch 2 is cleared, the first computer is Terran. When switch 1 is set and switch 2 is cleared, the first computer is Protoss. When they're both set, the computer is Zerg. Then the triggers move on to the next computer.

You run AI scripts under the trigger "Run AI Script". You need to choose an AI script that corresponds with the computer's TRUE race (what they are in the game lobby). I'd advise using a campaign AI script.

whoa all of that went over my head. sorry i'm completely new to map making.



I'm also googling at the same time.



None.

Oct 10 2009, 6:11 pm Cred Post #8



Quote from Mini Moose 2707
You also have to refill/replace minerals and gas.
To do this: I set locations on top of all minerals and set to their respective starting amounts?



None.

Oct 10 2009, 6:29 pm lil-Inferno Post #9

Just here for the pie

Quote from Cred
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
You also have to refill/replace minerals and gas.
To do this: I set locations on top of all minerals and set to their respective starting amounts?
You can just use the starting location "Anywhere".




Oct 10 2009, 7:15 pm Cred Post #10



I got to as far as the units and buildings being destroyed and the resources being reset.

How do I create buildings to their respective races?

Say I win and I want to now play Terran and I was Zerg before. Or just randomize races every game and still have the computer have the right race/AI set to them.



None.

Oct 10 2009, 7:15 pm Ahli Post #11

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Has anyone thought about tech and upgrades?
you cannot reset that.
-> you have to rehost




Oct 10 2009, 7:22 pm Cred Post #12



o0o0o0o0oooooooo duh.



None.

Oct 12 2009, 11:24 pm theleo_ua Post #13



Quote from lil-Inferno
Quote from Cred
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
You also have to refill/replace minerals and gas.
To do this: I set locations on top of all minerals and set to their respective starting amounts?
You can just use the starting location "Anywhere".

And if some mineral fields were fully eaten (player gathered all 1500 minerals from current mineral field) and disappeared - how to refill them without recreating new? And if no idea - so only "different location per each mineral field" will work I think.

Quote from Ahli
Has anyone thought about tech and upgrades?
you cannot reset that.
-> you have to rehost

And another thing is zerg larva problem, explained in this topic: http://www.staredit.net/178202/



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Dem0n