Map crashing
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 19 2009, 8:53 pm
By: payne  

Sep 19 2009, 8:53 pm payne Post #1

:payne:

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, my RPG "Yggdrasill: Tree of Genesis" ran into numerous problems recently. First, it was nooks and crannies that appeared at least 3 times during the terraining process and now, it's a simple SC crash when I try to play the map. I seriously do not know what cause it.

Situation of the map before it crashed: The top right corner was completely empty
Now that it crashes: Top right corner is filled of terrain/units/locations for the systems (yes those are the only modifications done since it did not crash)
I've attached the map,
thanks for doing your best! :)

(Hoping you can fix that :S)

EDIT: Removed the terrain spoil ^^

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 19 2009, 9:40 pm by payne.



None.

Sep 19 2009, 8:57 pm lil-Inferno Post #2

Just here for the pie

Crash List

If you can't seem to find out what the error is with that list, then tell Heinermann what the crash line (I think that's what it's called) is and he'll be able to point out the problem.




Sep 19 2009, 8:58 pm Vi3t-X Post #3



Corrupted String?



None.

Sep 19 2009, 9:02 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

@Inferno: I haven't found anything wrong with my map according to this list :(
(Or should I not use a certain Null tile?)

@Viet: When strings are corrupted, trying to open the map inside the editor do not work, right? Because I can open it :O



None.

Sep 19 2009, 9:09 pm Devourer Post #5

Hello

After editing some tiles (removed all black squares at the top right) it didn't crashed but I received this message after starting the map. It might help you.
Map is also attached.




Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Sep 19 2009, 9:10 pm Falkoner Post #6



This is also a Nooks and Crannies problem, similar thing happened in a recent topic, apparently sometimes it crashes SC rather than popping up the error message, I simply ran over a bunch of your terrain with the Dirt Isom tool and it worked.



None.

Sep 19 2009, 9:39 pm payne Post #7

:payne:

Aww, that's gay shit :(
Stupid nooks are raping my ass so hard over my project :(

lol@ German SC :P

Thanks for help guys.
Lock topic -> Problem solved



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, Prankenstein, DarkenedFantasies