Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Fire animation over sprites of the trees
Fire animation over sprites of the trees
Sep 12 2009, 8:44 pm
By: payne  

Sep 12 2009, 8:44 pm payne Post #1

:payne:

I'm trying to make the fire of a damaged bunker under a tree be -over- (and not behind) the branches.
Is it possible?
(It's for some Environmental interaction :D)



None.

Sep 12 2009, 8:47 pm Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

O_O BURN THE TREE OF GENESIS! WOO!

Maybe if it works on nonbunker buildings, make a burning lifted-off building?



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 12 2009, 8:48 pm Vrael Post #3



Try moving the building down further, perhaps? At least so that its center is below the center of the sprite.



None.

Sep 12 2009, 8:49 pm Falkoner Post #4



What you really should be asking is whether it's possible or not to get a bunker to be in front of the tree, and as I'm sure you know, the answer to that is no :( At least, not where you want the fire to be.



None.

Sep 12 2009, 8:49 pm payne Post #5

:payne:

Lol, I didn't think about burning the Tree of Genesis down, though it may be an idea :P Anyways, I'd prefer ground building. :S

EDIT: Wow, Falk and Vrael posted so quickly >.< And Falk posted exactly 1 second before me, haha!
Anyways, Vrael, that makes sense. I'll test it out later on. ^^



None.

Sep 12 2009, 8:50 pm Jack Post #6

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

CAN you make invisible lifted buildings?



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 12 2009, 8:51 pm payne Post #7

:payne:

Yes :P



None.

Sep 12 2009, 8:52 pm Jack Post #8

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Hmm. So can you not use em because of mobile grids or something?



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 12 2009, 8:53 pm payne Post #9

:payne:

No, simply because they are bigger and the fire will be beyond the tree, which would be weird ;o



None.

Sep 12 2009, 8:53 pm Falkoner Post #10



Make a bigger tree :bleh:



None.

Sep 12 2009, 8:55 pm payne Post #11

:payne:

Lol, NO U!
Enough huge trees in my RPG >.<
And that would suck up too many sprites :(
I have like 80 more sprites to place on the map before I reach the limit and I'm only at like 57% of the terrain done >.<



None.

Sep 13 2009, 7:06 am rockz Post #12

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

To have a unit on top of a sprite, the unit's center has to be below the sprite's center. If they have the same y value, presumably the last one or first one placed takes precedence, but I'm not sure.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Dem0n