Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Stopping a wav file once it has begun.
Stopping a wav file once it has begun.
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 4 2009, 12:54 am
By: fire1337  

Sep 4 2009, 12:54 am fire1337 Post #1



In a testing map Im making, I imported a 7 minute wav file.
So, I set up a trigger to do this:

CONDITION:
Switch 1 is Set

ACTION:
Play Wav File.

So, now that the wav file is playing, how do I make it so it stops playing whenever I want it to?
If you dont get what I mean, please say so. I didnt do a good job in explaining.



None.

Sep 4 2009, 12:56 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Try playing a wav that has no sound. It should stop the previous wav IIRC.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 4 2009, 12:59 am Falkoner Post #3



Quote
Try playing a wav that has no sound. It should stop the previous wav IIRC.

Nope, SC will just play several wavs at the same time. Unfortunately, there is no way to stop a WAV from playing, it just has to finish. What most mappers do is split the WAV into several sections, and then they can end it when it reaches the end of one section, or they can play the next section so it blends together.



None.

Sep 4 2009, 1:04 am fire1337 Post #4



Really? There was a map that had just 1 big file and the creator stopped it in the middle.
No sections, either. But the map* was protected, so I couldnt view it myself :flamer: .

*(I think MePHistO_IS_GoD is pretty famous around these parts, so the map was Sexcraft Brood Whores)

With that said, this thread's "case" isint solved.



None.

Sep 4 2009, 1:06 am Neki Post #5



How do you know it wasn't in sections if you couldn't view the map?



None.

Sep 4 2009, 1:09 am fire1337 Post #6



Well, truth is, the map isint REALLY protected.

I open this map up in SCMDraft and I look at the triggers. They all say "STRING CORRUPTED" and if I open them then it crashes
SCMDraft. I can still view the sound files though, and its just one big sound file, not divided sound files.

In short, I thought saying "it was protected" would be easier to say. Sorry for anything that confused/frustrated/etc. you.



None.

Sep 4 2009, 10:59 am NudeRaider Post #7

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Please folks stop spreading rumors if you don't know.
Stopping a wav is not possible. Period.

Unless someone has detected some formerly unknown EUD glitch or something I will close this topic to prevent further spam.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, Prankenstein, DarkenedFantasies