Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Invalid Scenario after computer crash
Invalid Scenario after computer crash
Sep 4 2009, 12:30 am
By: DevliN  

Sep 4 2009, 12:30 am DevliN Post #1

Woah

Due to strange computer issues, my computer has been turning off on its own a lot. While making a map (or even testing a map on StarCraft), this can obviously be a huge pain in the ass. I didn't realize how much of a pain it actually is.

I was working on my entry for the Autumn Monthly Map Contest in SCMDraft2 when my computer randomly turned off. When I started it back up and tried opening the map, I got an error message. On StarCraft, the map is deemed an "Invalid Scenario." The reason I mention SCMD2 in this is because when I attempted to load any map after this, I get a TrigEdit error message and some "SCMD2 has to quit" type of error, and consequently had to re-install SCMD2. I didn't have a backup (which actually turned out for the best, as it usually does) and started over from scratch.

Since this fun occurrence, it has happened again twice with my newer map (which I back up religiously). At least one time (if not both) I was working on triggers for the map. And again, both times the map became an "Invalid Scenario" and un-openable on SCMD2 (which I again had to re-install twice).

So, my question is what would possibly cause this? Is the MPQ file getting screwed up somehow? I have yet to test if it's SCMDraft2 or the trigger editor, mostly because I'm tired of reinstalling it. I suppose to simulate what I'm going through, create a map and turn your computer off with the map (or TrigEdit) open. Fun times ensue.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Sep 4 2009, 12:31 am Falkoner Post #2



First question, are you using the latest version of SCM Draft, the old "stable" 0.8.0(one on my website), or one of the recent updated versions?



None.

Sep 4 2009, 12:34 am DevliN Post #3

Woah

I can't remember what I had originally. When I re-installed it the first time, I used the one found in the SEN DLDB (which is 0.8.0, I believe).



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Sep 4 2009, 12:36 am Falkoner Post #4



Try updating to the latest version and see if that works for you. Also, have you been keeping your backup DB between reinstalls, or starting fresh?



None.

Sep 4 2009, 12:40 am DevliN Post #5

Woah

I can't open the backup maps (or any map) unless I reinstall, so usually I reinstall, open a backup, and save it under a new name (i.e. v0.04 BACKUP becomes v0.05, and I create another backup of that). It's tedious. :/

EDIT:
I reinstalled using that link and immediately got a "Something bad happened, would you like to save a diagnostic file?" message. So far it seems like the uninstalled version from the DLDB works but actually re-installing it doesn't.

EDIT2:
Completely deleted my "StormCoast Fortress" folder and re0installed. Works now. This is the same version I used when it crashed the first time.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 4 2009, 12:47 am by DevliN.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, Prankenstein, DarkenedFantasies