Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Help making a RP Trigger
Help making a RP Trigger
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 25 2009, 1:27 am
By: AlbertW-RCDF  

Aug 25 2009, 1:27 am AlbertW-RCDF Post #1



Who can type the Conditions and Actions for make a zombies spawn trigger for a Resident Evil RP map???
I can't find out how...I suck making RPing triggers :bleh:



None.

Aug 25 2009, 1:47 am Vrael Post #2



Quote from name:UMS Assistance Rules
6. Avoid asking very basic questions. Staredit's help file (press F1 while using staredit), Blizzard's Staredit FAQ and some of the tutorials can help you to understand what is a location, what triggers are for or what an specific trigger action does. Do not waste our time by asking them.
http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Basics_of_UMS_Mapping
http://www.staredit.net/topic/7783/



None.

Aug 25 2009, 4:20 am lil-Inferno Post #3

Just here for the pie

It's pretty simple, but I'll post it anyway.

Code
Trigger("Force 1"){
Conditions:
    Command("Current Player", "Protoss Arbiter", At least, 1);

Actions:
    Move Location("Current Player", "Protoss Arbiter", "Anywhere", "Spawner");
    Preserve Trigger();
}

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//

Trigger("Force 1"){
Conditions:
    Bring("Current Player", "Terran Civilian", "Spawn Zombie", At least, 1);
    Deaths("Current Player", "Cave", At most, 59);

Actions:
    Set Deaths("Current Player", "Cave", Add, 1);
    Preserve Trigger();
}

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//

Trigger("Force 1"){
Conditions:
    Bring("Current Player", "Terran Civilian", "Spawn Zombie", At least, 1);
    Deaths("Current Player", "Cave", Exactly, 60);

Actions:
    Set Deaths("Current Player", "Cave", Set To, 0);
    Create Unit("Current Player", "Protoss Zealot", 1, "Spawner");
    Preserve Trigger();
}

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//



Notes:
  • Make sure that you have hyper triggers, otherwise death counts will work very slowly.
  • You do not need death counts. I simply did that because I'm used to using death counts to cover up mostly every wait. An alternative is to just use a wait, though wait blocks do occur.

Hope I helped :).

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Aug 25 2009, 5:39 am by lil-Inferno.




Aug 25 2009, 4:26 am Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Wait what are the cave deaths for? I think you need to replace them with swarm.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 25 2009, 5:36 am lil-Inferno Post #5

Just here for the pie

Quote from name:zany_001
Wait what are the cave deaths for? I think you need to replace them with swarm.
Oh, my bad. Fixed.




Aug 25 2009, 8:37 pm AlbertW-RCDF Post #6



Ok, thank you very much.
However, I didn't know about that Basic of UMS Mapping...I think I must explore better the tutorials. Thanks everyone.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet