Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Units not taking orders
Units not taking orders
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 22 2009, 3:50 am
By: New-Guy  

Aug 22 2009, 3:50 am New-Guy Post #1



Okay, so I've got a trigger that looks something like this:

Trigger
Players

  • player 2
  • Conditions

  • players 2 brings 1 firebat to location 6
  • Actions

  • move 1 firebat for player to at location 6 to location 2
  • disable doodad state
  • enable doodad state
  • enable doodad state
  • disable doodad state
  • enable doodad state
  • enable doodad state
  • enable invincability
  • order all firebat for player 2 at location 2 to "move here"

  • Now, my problem is, at the end of the trigger, the firebat sits there. He doesn't move.

    I've even got another trigger that waits a second, then orders the same firebat to move to the same "move here" location, and he still doesn't move.
    I can't find out why this is being caused, or how to fix it. If I could get some input, I would greatly appreciate.
    If you want, I could post the map up for you guys as well.



    None.

    Aug 22 2009, 3:52 am Falkoner Post #2



    I'm assuming you're trying to cloak it, the actual trigger is Disable Wait 0 Enable Wait 0 Enable, Order, you don't need all those weird ones.



    None.

    Aug 22 2009, 4:04 am darksnow Post #3



    wait, so you need to wait till the next trigger cycle in order to cloak it?
    o.o never knew that



    None.

    Aug 22 2009, 4:55 am New-Guy Post #4



    Quote from Falkoner
    I'm assuming you're trying to cloak it, the actual trigger is Disable Wait 0 Enable Wait 0 Enable, Order, you don't need all those weird ones.
    Okay, that might be why.
    I'm just going off of a map by Loveless I found in your test-map compilation. Sprite-battle system.
    I'll try using that order of actions next.



    None.

    Aug 22 2009, 7:30 am Heinermann Post #5

    memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes

    Why 2 enables? I'm sure it only needs one enable. The other, in theory, would have no effect.




    Aug 22 2009, 7:49 am Falkoner Post #6



    Hmm, I remember Farty saying something about it, not being necessary, that is, but that's just always the way I've seen it done, and I know that way works, I guess you could test shorter methods if you want.



    None.

    Aug 22 2009, 8:39 am Pyro682 Post #7



    I've never used enables, and all my disables worked for me.



    None.

    Aug 22 2009, 10:24 am Clokr_ Post #8



    Quote from Pyro682
    I've never used enables, and all my disables worked for me.

    If you don't enable it you cannot move it afterwards...



    ?????

    Aug 22 2009, 1:13 pm New-Guy Post #9



    Well, I used the trigger that Falk suggested, and now it's working perfectly. Thanks for your help guys.



    None.

    Options
      Back to forum
    Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
    Members in this topic: None.
    [01:21 pm]
    @:@ -- this community still going strong?
    [04:30 pm]
    Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
    [03:11 pm]
    NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
    [03:09 pm]
    NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
    Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
    so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
    [2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
    Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
    [2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
    Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
    [2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
    Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
    [2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
    Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
    [2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
    Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
    [2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
    Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
    Please log in to shout.


    Members Online: Zycorax