Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Computer Race Responding to AI Commands?
Computer Race Responding to AI Commands?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 12 2009, 3:09 am
By: Zenturen  

Aug 12 2009, 3:09 am Zenturen Post #1



I am working on a map where I would need spells from each of the three races of starcraft to use spells. From a recent nuke problem, I found I needed a Terran computer to run a specific script. Unfortunatly, I don't want to cut back too much on the player number because of how many people quit mid-game.

I was wondering if there was a race setting where an enemy computer could account for all three races, (such as a neutral computer turned into an enemy).



None.

Aug 12 2009, 6:06 am Falkoner Post #2



Nope, you need the race to coordinate with the AIs being used on it, no player other than 1-8 can use AIs, so extended players aren't an option :(



None.

Aug 12 2009, 7:41 pm Pyro682 Post #3



If you need all 3 race AI scripts to be used, the most human slots you can have are 5, since humans can't run AI scripts (Mostly)



None.

Aug 12 2009, 8:26 pm Zenturen Post #4



So, I guess it is best to use four computers and four players, one player being the neutral town of course. I guess four players is a decent amount for an Rpg map. Thanks for confirming that Pyro.



None.

Aug 13 2009, 2:55 am Pyro682 Post #5



You know, you could just have 3 players, one of them be the neutral, and run the AI script and give afterward. The AI script orders will still run, even though it's not the same player. You can even run an AI script on a computer player and give to a human.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: WeirdoX4857, Sie_Sayoka, UndeadStar