Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Can someone clarify on Sharing Resources?
Can someone clarify on Sharing Resources?
Aug 7 2009, 6:05 am
By: Kimaru  

Aug 7 2009, 6:05 am Kimaru Post #1



Hey, I wanted to know how to make a Force share resources. I read the wiki http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Sharing_Minerals, however, this one in particular seems to be rushed through and unclear. Some parts like
Quote
3. If DcA's remained, add them ' DcB to current player and the DcC to the force
I don't really understand what it's trying to say (add them TO DcB, add them FROM DcB.....). Also step number 4, "return the minerals/DcA in DcB" but return it to who? Also for the last step, if I change the return ratio, will there be some kind of increase/decrease in resources? Or should I keep it at a 1:1 ratio? Thanks



None.

Aug 7 2009, 1:32 pm rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

The original thread may help. I explained it there. Think of it as 4 triggers, and it's easy.

Quote from user:12
Of course, the score doesn't have to be used at all. This is what death counters excel at, and they can just be owned by player 8 (using 2 death counters). I'm amazed, because this is essentially just 4 triggers:
One to tell whether or not he has more or less money.
One to give money if he has more.
One to take money if he has less.
One to give back he had more.

I can't find the original one on SEN (antisleep didn't link it, and I think it's deleted). Take a look at the sample triggers to help you out, they will end up helping much more.

Trigger 3

Trigger 4




"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 8 2009, 6:40 am Kimaru Post #3



I understand how the system works, it's just this line that isn't clear

If DcA's remained, add them ' DcB to current player and the DcC to the force



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet