Sprites bug
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 6 2009, 6:02 pm
By: payne  

Aug 6 2009, 6:02 pm payne Post #1

:payne:

For my RPG (Yggdrasill: Tree of Genesis), I have a forest (which takes around 1/6th of the map's terrain space) and it uses a lot of sprites to make it looks cluttered (I based myself off Fwop_'s map Forest Maze.scx). I had place some doodads in the first part of the forest and then I placed sprites for the 2 parts of it to finally end with doodads in the 2nd part, but when I played the map to see what it looked like, the doodads placed in the 2nd part didn't have their "Tree sprites", they had disappeared.
My map uses 786 sprites and the limit in Starcraft is supposed to be 2500 according to this source.

What the hell happened?
Probably that copy-pasting my sprites in an other map to place them only at the end would solve it, but I still want to know why this happens :O



None.

Aug 6 2009, 6:03 pm samsizzle Post #2



they're disappearing because you have too many, the limit is 500, i dont know why they said 2500...



None.

Aug 6 2009, 6:11 pm Demented Shaman Post #3



Yes the sprite limit is 2500... including all the sprites units take up.

Quote
# Staredit Sprite limit: 250
# CHK load Sprite limit: 500

# Starcraft Sprite limit: 2500
The two limits above are the ones you overlooked.

The Staredit one doesn't apply to SCMD2, but the CHK load sprite limit does, hence the 500 sprite limit.



None.

Aug 6 2009, 6:25 pm payne Post #4

:payne:

I'll make the wiki clearer. Thanks for help guys :D
Btw, I tested and it's 499 the limit ;P

EDIT: I've updated the wiki. Please look at it to make sure I was write: http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Map%20Limits

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 6 2009, 6:42 pm by payne.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax