Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Hi, I'm new here...
Hi, I'm new here...
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 20 2009, 3:28 pm
By: DeathsFriend22  

Jul 20 2009, 3:28 pm DeathsFriend22 Post #1



And I was just wondering if anyone has a version of Tarpit Defense that I can edit in the Starcraft Campaign editor, or if you need a different editor to make it in. Whenever I try to open it in Campaign Editor, it says it can't open it and to make sure it's valid. Can somebody please help me? Thanks.



None.

Jul 20 2009, 3:32 pm Kaias Post #2



Quote from DeathsFriend22
And I was just wondering if anyone has a version of Tarpit Defense that I can edit in the Starcraft Campaign editor, or if you need a different editor to make it in. Whenever I try to open it in Campaign Editor, it says it can't open it and to make sure it's valid. Can somebody please help me? Thanks.
If you're looking for a map, use the File Request Thread. As far as not being able to open the map you do have, most often it is because the maker protected the map. I suggest using Scmdraft 2 for all your map making endeavors, though it won't open a protected map.



None.

Jul 20 2009, 3:44 pm DeathsFriend22 Post #3



Thanks, but is there any way to "un-protect" a map?



None.

Jul 20 2009, 3:49 pm Kaias Post #4



There are a bunch of Map making tools here for protection/compression, editing and other miscellaneous utilities that you may want to look at.



None.

Jul 20 2009, 5:33 pm Falkoner Post #5



Just one thing, if you want to edit Tarpit Defense, please respect the original maker, and leave their name on the map.



None.

Jul 20 2009, 6:01 pm DeathsFriend22 Post #6



That's fine, I don't even know where it is or how to take it off lol



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: chealthwell