Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Simple EUD problem
Simple EUD problem
Jul 14 2009, 10:17 am
By: Jiggaboo  

Jul 14 2009, 10:17 am Jiggaboo Post #1



I would think this would be really simple, but I can't figure out what was wrong. I chatted with zany and we both were stumped.

I found the medics HP address: (Yes I tested/double-checked by changing the value)


I converted it to hex and dropped that into EUD:


Found out what the value for 100hp would be with the given byte offset:
256 x 1 x 100 = 25600

Plugged all that info into my triggers:
Trigger
Players

  • Player 1
  • Conditions

  • Memory at Death Table + 13471 is exactly 25600
  • Actions

  • Display text for current player: 100


  • And had no success. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, so .. heres my post :blush:
    Any ideas?

    Oh, and just so you don't get confused (if you download the map) the other triggers were just me testing out other possibilities, in case I just mixed up something stupid.


    Edit:
    It looks like forums triggers are broken?
    Uh..here's a pastebin of the Trigedit version: http://pastebin.com/m3e4b9c68

    Attachments:
    (1)mymap.scx
    Hits: 0 Size: 49.98kb



    None.

    Jul 14 2009, 12:45 pm rockz Post #2

    ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

    you input the triggers wrong, or you're using an old version of eudtrig. In any case, the new formula is easier.

    (0x628151-0x58a364)/4=161659.25. .25 signifies 2nd byte, so multiply number by 2^8.

    Memory at 161659 is 25600.



    "Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

    Jul 14 2009, 8:24 pm Jiggaboo Post #3



    Bingo.

    Thanks rockz.
    Question though, are there any other possibilities than ending in .25? (Thus multiplying by 2^8)
    If so, what are they and what do they signify? Is there a list somewhere? Anywhere I can read up about it?

    (Edit)
    Also: Is the 0x58a364 always the same? I always subtract that from my address?

    Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 14 2009, 8:52 pm by Jiggaboo.



    None.

    Jul 15 2009, 3:27 am rockz Post #4

    ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

    so my power went out after I was about to press submit. This next write is much less informative because I'm angry.

    >are there any other possibilities than ending in .25? (Thus multiplying by 2^8)
    yes, if it ends in .5, you multiply by 2^16, or .75, you multiply by 2^24. Energy is always located on the 3rd bit (.5) and also has extra precision, so the number you actually see is on the 4th bit (.75).

    >Also: Is the 0x58a364 always the same? I always subtract that from my address?
    sort of. For 1.16.1, 0x58a364 is the location of player 1 deaths of terran marine. The deaths condition will read THAT address if it's player 1, unitid 0.



    "Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

    Options
      Back to forum
    Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
    Members in this topic: None.
    [04:30 pm]
    Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
    [03:11 pm]
    NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
    [03:09 pm]
    NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
    Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
    so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
    [2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
    Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
    [2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
    Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
    [2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
    Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
    [2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
    Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
    [2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
    Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
    [2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
    Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
    [2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
    Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
    Please log in to shout.


    Members Online: chealthwell