Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Scmdraft crashing
Scmdraft crashing
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 10 2009, 6:00 pm
By: Jesusfreak  

Jul 10 2009, 6:00 pm Jesusfreak Post #1



The good news is I started playing SC again.

The bad news is every time I try to do something with scmdraft, it crashes within the first 5 minutes. (For the record, I was working on installation tileset painting floor terrain onto null the times it crashed today, and before that, it would "crash" every time I closed it, that is, when I exited it, I got the crash message afterwards XD.)

Anyone know what could be wrong?



None.

Jul 10 2009, 6:02 pm rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Try different versions of scmdraft. Try using a different default terrain. Try opening the map in staredit first to make the map, then edit with scmdraft.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jul 10 2009, 6:08 pm crutex Post #3



mm making a "new map" with some of the terrains crashes scmdraft for me. i can however start it with jungle and change it after it's created.



None.

Jul 10 2009, 6:15 pm NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I recommend Scmdraft 2 version 0.7.3. It rarely ever crashes.
It lacks some functions / comfort, but still is very useful.




Jul 10 2009, 6:18 pm Jesusfreak Post #5



Hmm... I'm pretty sure it's not the version I have, it never did this before... although I think it would occassionally crash at random when I was working with null terrain, maybe that's it... lemme try starting with a different tileset, thanks guys.

EDIT: Hmm, this is weird... I tried working with twlight terrain, and it said it crashed, but it turns out that I can still paint terrain and such just like nothing happened... should I ignore the crash message and just keep working?



None.

Jul 10 2009, 9:31 pm Jesusfreak Post #6



Er, I have another problem: None of the hotkeys are working. The hotkey for undo (control z), redo (control y), or delete (delete key) and any others I've tried don't work. Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: And it's just scmdraft, I can do hotkeys typing (ie, control v for paste) just fine...

EDIT2: Ok, I've tried redownloading scmdraft, it works perfectly now! I think... thanks guys =).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 10 2009, 10:28 pm by Jesusfreak.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: chealthwell