Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Scmdraft Crashes
Scmdraft Crashes
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jun 23 2009, 12:10 am
By: Dem0n  

Jun 23 2009, 12:10 am Dem0n Post #1

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Every time I make a map, SCMDraft randomly crashes. When I go to save, it crashes. When I'm placing terrain, it crashes. It just randomly started happening, and it bugs the hell out of me. I re-downloading SCMDraft, and the same problem happened immediately. >:(




Jun 23 2009, 12:26 am Vrael Post #2



Try e-mailing SI with this problem. Also, the problem might not lie with SCMDraft itself, but your computer. Something like your OS version, a broken .dll file, an incorrect write to memory could all affect your ability to open SCMDraft. I don't know how much help you can really get from us with this though, you haven't given us very much information to work with. Did this problem just start recently? Have you been able to work with SCMDraft problem free before? Are you screwing around with the registry or your OS files?



None.

Jun 23 2009, 12:29 am Dem0n Post #3

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

My problem started like 2 or 3 days ago. I had a map with a lot of music, so whenever I tried to save it, it froze, then crash. I thought that was just the problem, but then it started working fine. I made 2 other maps yesterday and the day before, and it was all good. Today, though, SCMDraft crashes every time I try to save it.

And no, I haven't messed with any files.




Jun 23 2009, 12:30 am Vrael Post #4



So SCMDraft only crashes when you're working on that one map?



None.

Jun 23 2009, 12:43 am Dem0n Post #5

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

No, it crashes on EVERY map. If I opened up a blank map and saved it, it would crash.




Jun 23 2009, 4:36 am Pyro682 Post #6



Are you DLing it from the same place every time you Re-DL it? If so:
Try DLing it from different sources. A certain source may be giving you files that aren't too happy with your OS/Computer, and another source would give you a working file.



None.

Jun 23 2009, 3:58 pm Dem0n Post #7

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I downloaded it from stormcoast and then from here and I had the same problem. :(

EDIT: :O There's a newer version posted in SI's thread?! I didn't know that. Huh... Well, it works now! xD




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@