Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Centering locations on map reavelers
Centering locations on map reavelers
Jun 17 2009, 4:51 am
By: scwizard  

Jun 17 2009, 4:51 am scwizard Post #1



Hey, I was looking through lethal's pixel coordinate map, and I thought it was making sense to me.

Then I looked harder and I got confused. He's centering locations on map revealers, but no creating or moving any map revealers.

What more, the map continues to work, even if I delete the preplaced map revealers. So what's going on here?



None.

Jun 17 2009, 5:22 am rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Not enough information for me to diagnose the problem. Where is said map, what does it do?



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jun 17 2009, 5:43 am scwizard Post #3



There's no problem with a map here. The problem is that I don't understand what centering locations on map revealers does.

If you know why anyone would ever want to center a location around a non existent map revealer then tell me. If you don't then I'd like to post the map, but I'm not too sure how lethal would feel.

I'll probably post the map sometime tomorrow.



None.

Jun 17 2009, 5:44 am Falkoner Post #4



He's probably just trying to move one location into the center of another, so he's using a unit that can't be centered on to do so, it doesn't center on the Map Revealer, it moves to the center of the location that you say the Map Revealer is in.



None.

Jun 17 2009, 5:47 am scwizard Post #5



Quote from Falkoner
He's probably just trying to move one location into the center of another, so he's using a unit that can't be centered on to do so, it doesn't center on the Map Revealer, it moves to the center of the location that you say the Map Revealer is in.
I didn't know move location worked like that, but now I guess it does. That makes perfect sense. Thank you. Problem resolved.



None.

Jun 17 2009, 5:50 am Vrael Post #6



Yeah, you can use any unit that isn't actually at that location, but map revealer probably works best since you can't center on it anyway.



None.

Jun 18 2009, 3:22 am Pyro682 Post #7



It's not a pixel coordinate map, It's called a Location Grid. Aka, a Coordinate grid. :hurr:



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@