Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Switch Hypers? They get around wait blocks?
Switch Hypers? They get around wait blocks?
Jun 14 2009, 5:29 pm
By: m.0.n.3.y  

Jun 14 2009, 5:29 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #1



So I just read this article, Hyper Triggers and it says that Switch Hypers can get around wait blocks. But is this really true, and if it is, how does it do it? I know the basic mechanics of wait triggers, so I'm thinking that this really doesn't get around wait blocks.

So what I'm asking is, do Switch Hypers get around wait blocks? And if they do, does this mean that I can start using wait triggers every time now, instead of death counters?

-$



None.

Jun 14 2009, 7:24 pm Falkoner Post #2



I recently updated my tutorial on the subject, and if you want specific details I would read that instead, as the one in the wiki has some false information.

They don't cause wait blocks on their own, no, they will temporarily shut off while other waits run, which is a nice feature, however, Simple Hyper Triggers also can do this as long as they're below the wait on the trigger list. You can still get Wait Blocks from other waits hitting eachother, so I would still recommend using Death Counts.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar