Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Classic V. Trig Edit
Classic V. Trig Edit
Jun 9 2009, 3:02 am
By: New-Guy  

Jun 9 2009, 3:02 am New-Guy Post #1



I want to know (since I've always used classic) what the advantages and disadvantages are for using the Classic TrigEdit compared to the Trig Edit that, say, comes with SCMD?
I've heard a lot about Trig Edit, but I don't know how to use it, and I'm not sure I want to spend the time learning how.



None.

Jun 9 2009, 7:15 am Falkoner Post #2



TrigEdit can copy large amounts of triggers faster, also you can pull out the text and use Find and Replace, or other such functions to quickly change large amounts of triggers.

Classic simply provides a GUI for making triggers, easier, but slower.



None.

Jun 9 2009, 6:46 pm Dem0n Post #3

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah, I only use TrigEdit to edit certain things in a whole bunch of triggers. Other than that, I use classic trigger.




Jun 9 2009, 8:58 pm Pyro682 Post #4



I rarely use TrigEdit. I'm a Classic guy.



None.

Jun 11 2009, 5:18 am scwizard Post #5



I use classic to make a trigger, then trigedit to make similar triggers from that trigger. One trigger in classic will usually become 20 or so triggers in trigedit.

For example binary countoffs, I'll code the first trigger in classic. Hit copy a bunch of times in classic. Then go into trigedit and go down changing the numbers to 2, 4, 8, 16 etc.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@