Random help...
Jun 8 2009, 6:35 pm
By: poison_us  

Jun 8 2009, 6:35 pm poison_us Post #1

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there's a way to make it so lurkers will never burrow [especially while under attack]. The lurkers are gonna be running through enemy fire, and every time they get shot it's instant burrow. Since I never tested the mentioned method, I don't remember it. However, the majority of methods I attempted either were lolfail, or crashed SC outright, I turn to SEN.

I also, at a similar time-frame and conditions of the previous problem, thought I read something about how you can have killable scarabs. This [theoretically] seemed even more impossible to me, and my attempts proved that it's at least equally impossible for me.

Oh, and while I'm at it, I think I'll test a way to get spidermines to run in a path. I'm guessing AI script "set generic command" and then an order command will work?


EDIT: Using a test map to attempt to boss around spidermines=fail. The insubordinate wenches refuse to listen to triggers...but, sadly, that was anticipated.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 8 2009, 6:58 pm by poison_us.




Jun 8 2009, 6:44 pm Biophysicist Post #2



Quote
I seem to remember reading somewhere that there's a way to make it so lurkers will never burrow [especially while under attack]. The lurkers are gonna be running through enemy fire, and every time they get shot it's instant burrow. Since I never tested the mentioned method, I don't remember it. However, the majority of methods I attempted either were lolfail, or crashed SC outright, I turn to SEN.
Disable the Burrow tech for the player that owns the Lurkers.



None.

Jun 8 2009, 6:46 pm ForTheSwarm Post #3



Spam the move order.
IIRC, computers always have burrow, and lurkers always have burrow too.



None.

Jun 8 2009, 6:59 pm poison_us Post #4

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

Quote from ForTheSwarm
Spam the move order.

Wouldn't that just make them burrow, then unburrow and move?




Jun 8 2009, 7:29 pm ForTheSwarm Post #5



I don't know, but try it. I don't have SC right now so I can't.



None.

Jun 8 2009, 9:51 pm poison_us Post #6

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

Surprisingly enough, spamming makes it burrow/unburrow indefinitely. Even whilst not being attacked. I discovered that in a loop of archons, and for some reason moved them away. I still don't know why I moved em.

EDIT: comon, I need to know if you can make scarabs attackable. My gut is telling me no...but I'd like to hear from someone with more knowledge than me.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 14 2009, 12:04 am by poison_us.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@