Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Is my game messed up or something?
Is my game messed up or something?
Jun 8 2009, 3:29 pm
By: amazingstat  

Jun 8 2009, 3:29 pm amazingstat Post #1



Alright, so I've been creating some maps on StarCraft for fun for about a year or so. Every time I do the computer never does anything unless I make a trigger to tell it's Marines, etc..., to attack after a few seconds. My current map has one Command Center, 4 SCV's, and 4 Marines. the four Marines attack some zerg after 1 second :bleh: . The SCV's are RIGHT next to some ore, and they refuse to mine it. I don't know how to fix it, and I've been looking through some guides. I've also tried un/reinstalling the game at least twice and nothing has worked. I'm wondering if it's my CD or not... Anyone got any ideas? :-(



None.

Jun 8 2009, 3:58 pm xAngelSpiritx Post #2

eternal lurker

You need to run an AI script. Use the trigger action 'Run AI Script' to run the appropriate script. I recommend using the script "Expansion Terran Custom Level" or something like that.



None.

Jun 8 2009, 4:00 pm ForTheSwarm Post #3



1) Make a location over the computer's Command Center.
2) Make a trigger that goes like this for the computer player:

Code
Always

Run AI Script "Expansion Terran Custom Level" at "Computer Command Center".


("Computer Command Center" is the location over the computer's Command Center)

That should do it. It has nothing to do with SC messing up. :P



None.

Jun 8 2009, 4:09 pm amazingstat Post #4



Thanks.



None.

Jun 8 2009, 4:58 pm BiOAtK Post #5



add my msn: buildmorepylons@hotmail.com
if you have any more basic mapping questions I'll be glad to help.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar