Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: ccidentally corrupted a map
ccidentally corrupted a map
Jun 5 2009, 2:32 am
By: Dungeon-Master  

Jun 5 2009, 2:32 am Dungeon-Master Post #1



SO I was making this map I've been working on the kikass triggers for long enough, when my triggedit crashed one second before I save, and I saved while triggedit crashed (on SCMDraft).

I NEED to know how to find the backup files if there is any, can anyone point me where to go? Help me please it took me 2 hours to do theese triggers and I already don't remember how I did them!

Edit: Okay, I looked up on google for the .scmddb extension file, it is the backup I think, and I want to go look inside it to take back my corrupted map, can I and if I can, how?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2009, 2:39 am by Dungeon-Master.



None.

Jun 5 2009, 2:46 am BiOAtK Post #2



Open it with SCMDraft?



None.

Jun 5 2009, 2:48 am Dungeon-Master Post #3



My computer doesn't recognise the application needed to open the file, its not a map, not a folder, i don't know how to open it.

Edit: Fail big time, i tryed to manually open with SCMDraft but it glitched more and always try to open with SCMDraft when I click on it.

I added the map and a file that got created when I tried to open the map from another folder.

Edit: Since the incident, I keep having the ''SOmething bad happened'' Message, about triggedit.

Attachments:
Gears of War - Failing Hope.scm
Hits: 1 Size: 0.06kb
Scm1.tmp
Hits: 1 Size: 0.06kb

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2009, 3:03 am by Dungeon-Master.



None.

Jun 5 2009, 3:06 am Vrael Post #4







None.

Jun 5 2009, 3:07 am BiOAtK Post #5



That's a temp file. It looks to my unwise eyes that your map got erased.



None.

Jun 5 2009, 3:09 am Dungeon-Master Post #6



nothing to do, opening the backup database fucks everything up... ah well, at least I only worked around 2 hours on this map, but I hope i'l be able to replicate the triggers, I had a complicated regenerating vHP I was going to test...

Edit: Thats it, close this topic before I cry, I deleted my map. I'l have to do it all again, I dont remember right now what are the triggers I made, I hope I will have them abck tomorow...



None.

Jun 5 2009, 11:08 pm Dungeon-Master Post #7



Well It sucks, I had to redo the triggers, but I think I did it, so this topic

SERVED ITS PURPOSE




None.

Jun 6 2009, 1:34 am rockz Post #8

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I accidentally the whole map.

but seriously, save often. It's not too hard to open up the triggers in a hex editor and copy/paste them back into the map.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jun 6 2009, 1:44 am Dungeon-Master Post #9



I save every 5-6 minutes. It is not the problem, I saved one milisecond before SCMDraft crashes, wich corrupted the map.



None.

Jun 6 2009, 4:25 am Chubacca Post #10



save many different versions. for my rpg, i save a new file everyday. I have
ed1, ed2, ed3 etc. up to 56. I usually make a new folder and put my saves there



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@