Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: SCMDraft - Error while starting
SCMDraft - Error while starting
May 27 2009, 1:49 am
By: rayNimagi  

May 27 2009, 1:49 am rayNimagi Post #1



I used CrossOver to install SCMDraft on my Mac. I can start it up, but when I log in it gives me a message "Fatal Erorr: Failed loading primary MPQ (stardat.mpq)"

I tried looking for the .mpq files but I could not locate them. Has anyone else had this problem, or knows how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated!



Win by luck, lose by skill.

May 27 2009, 2:17 am Falkoner Post #2



You need to have StarCraft installed to run SCM Draft, it uses the MPQs in the SC directory.



None.

May 27 2009, 12:32 pm rayNimagi Post #3



I have SC installed. Where in my StarCraft folder can I find the .mpq files? Should I reinstall StarCraft, or can somone email them to me?



Win by luck, lose by skill.

May 27 2009, 12:43 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

reinstall it.

Normally you should have the needed MPQs. Without them you aren't able to play SC (for example you would have no graphics).




May 27 2009, 9:39 pm Falkoner Post #5



By default SCM Draft looks in C:/Program Files/StarCraft for the MPQs, however, if you have a different path you need to select that with the Edit Profile button in SCM Draft.



None.

May 28 2009, 12:23 am rayNimagi Post #6



Thanks to everyone for your help! I managed to select the Starcraft Folder on my partitioned Windows XP drive and use the .dpq files from there. This is gonna be awesome!



Win by luck, lose by skill.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring