Melee AI?
May 21 2009, 1:59 am
By: Astropop  

May 21 2009, 1:59 am Astropop Post #1



What AI script should I use on the enemies if I want to make a melee style game in UMS? I want it to play just like a normal melee battle but with the ability to use triggers and whatnot. I need them to build their own bases, aside from the main command building, and attack me as they would in melee/top vs bottom.

Can anyone help? Thanks.



None.

May 21 2009, 2:15 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #2

Just here for the activity... well not really

I used [Race] Expansion Custom Level, it may be what you're looking for?



guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"


May 21 2009, 2:25 am m.0.n.3.y Post #3



As far as i know, the "Expansion Zerg Base" (Or something like that, I know it has Expansion in it) is a good Ai script to use, there are 3 for each race, They go something like Easy, Medium, Expert (so you can set the difficulty of the level)

hope this helps
-$



None.

May 21 2009, 4:55 am Falkoner Post #4



The Custom AIs are the actual ones used in Melee.



None.

May 21 2009, 4:56 am Moose Post #5

Armor: 90.50%

http://classic.battle.net/scc/faq/aiscripts.shtml




May 21 2009, 5:54 am Astropop Post #6



Thanks for the help, but when I try to start after putting all the starting positions down, it automatically says I won the battle. So I tried manually giving them their command centers/nexus/hatcheries, but then the AI does nothing but gather minerals and look around the map. They never attack or build. Anyone know what's up?



None.

May 21 2009, 6:36 am Falkoner Post #7



The AI has to correspond not only with the units, but with the actual race of the computer as well.



None.

May 21 2009, 6:39 am Astropop Post #8



I made sure a thousand times that I used the right AI on the right race.

Say player 3 is Terran, the trigger checked for Player 3 trigger reads: "Condition: Always. Action: execute AI script 'Terran Expansion Custom Level'"

Yet all they do is scout the map and constantly gather.



None.

May 22 2009, 12:13 am Astropop Post #9



Anyone? :[

Or a simpler thing would be, is there any way to make the start locations not be random in Melee or Top vs Bottom mode?



None.

May 22 2009, 3:18 am Pyro682 Post #10



Can you give us the map? We may be able to find an error somewhere that hasn't been discussed in this topic yet.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring