Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How to fix corrupted Strings....
How to fix corrupted Strings....
May 15 2009, 11:44 pm
By: xhans2x  

May 15 2009, 11:44 pm xhans2x Post #1



I opened my map in that piece of shit starforge and the only change I did was delete a location. When i re-opened it in SCMdraft 2 it says there is a corrupted string on line 147. When I go to line 147 on the string editor it's not there (obviously) and I noticed that it used to be the string that contained the name for the location I deleted. Now I can't work on my map period as SCMdraft will randomly crash and I get errors whenever I try to do open up anything containing text. Is it possible to fix the string or am I SOL?



None.

May 16 2009, 12:45 am killer_sss Post #2



this doesn't help your problem but hopefully it will help you in the future.
I'm not gona say for certain but i think you are SOL i'm not positive though so look for confirmation before your hopes are oliterated.

One of the things I have seen people mention over and over is have many copies of your map. That way if you make a change and it becomes corupted you can revert back the last file and avoid the same problems. Its hard to get use to though so you really have to try to do it every chance you get to get it into a routine. Hope this helps in the future :\



None.

May 16 2009, 1:21 am xYoshix Post #3



SCMdraft has a backup database. Use it :)



None.

May 16 2009, 2:07 am Vi3t-X Post #4



Try recreating string 147 in starforge, and removing it in SCMDraft?



None.

May 17 2009, 1:35 am samsizzle Post #5



then, never use starforge ever again, cept maybe for EUD triggers.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring