Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Neutral Player colors
Neutral Player colors
May 14 2009, 3:28 am
By: Cinolt  

May 14 2009, 3:28 am Cinolt Post #1



I set player 8 to Neutral player and made him Green, but his units always turn out yellow.. I've looked over the map a million times but can't find anything I did wrong, but I know I did since I could change neutral players' colors in another map....

Start locations are there.

Attachments:
aaaaa1.scm
Hits: 0 Size: 47.63kb



None.

May 14 2009, 3:30 am samsizzle Post #2



did you use the actual "green" color or did you use an "unusual" color, like the number colors 12-255 or something.



None.

May 14 2009, 3:30 am Pyro682 Post #3



Save it as a .scx map.
Changing colors in Scm maps doesn't work; it only works for broodwar maps.


If you ONLY have SC Vanilla, I suggest you use Winter Tileset, Set player 7 to neutral, and use that.
Otherwise, you're SOL



None.

May 14 2009, 3:30 am Cinolt Post #4



The actual Green color on the list in SCM Draft 2. I also tried other colors on the list, as well as numbers, but they always turn out yellow.

Quote from Pyro682
Save it as a .scx map.
Changing colors in Scm maps doesn't work; it only works for broodwar maps.


If you ONLY have SC Vanilla, I suggest you use Winter Tileset, Set player 7 to neutral, and use that.
Otherwise, you're SOL

Thanks

Edit:: nvm, it's still yellow after saving it to .scx



None.

May 14 2009, 3:42 am Pyro682 Post #5



Well, It seems to have worked for me. I DLed your map, and changed the color to green.

Re-Change the color to green, THEN save the map. It may need a refresher, of some sort.

Attachments:
Colors Check.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 47.68kb



None.

May 14 2009, 3:46 am Cinolt Post #6



Okay it works now, I think it was just a problem with the editor or something, after I restarted it it worked



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring