Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Burrow Detection
Burrow Detection
May 13 2009, 6:01 am
By: Jello-Jigglers  

May 13 2009, 6:01 am Jello-Jigglers Post #1



I'm designing a minigame for my map in production, and for this particular game, I need to be able to detect when a unit burrows, but it shouldn't count as a burrow when it gets picked up by a dropship(or overlord[hero] to be precise)...

Right now i have the standard burrow detection triggers in my map, but i'm thinking I need to add more conditions and a ground location to test if the zergling is still on/in the ground location???

I guess my questions are, when a zergling is in an overlord, can it be detected via "brings"?
and what location layer(low/med/high ground or low/med/high air) is a zergling on when he burrows and when he unburrows?



None.

May 13 2009, 6:46 am Jello-Jigglers Post #2



Actually I got it. I just made an air only location and only had the burrowed trigger fire if bring 0 zergling to air.



None.

May 13 2009, 8:31 am Wormer Post #3



Quote from Jello-Jigglers
Actually I got it. I just made an air only location and only had the burrowed trigger fire if bring 0 zergling to air.
Right, you solved it yourself :)
When unit is burrowed it is still on ground location, the elevation (low/mid/high) depends on the tile.



Some.

May 13 2009, 1:46 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #4



Quote from Wormer
Quote from Jello-Jigglers
Actually I got it. I just made an air only location and only had the burrowed trigger fire if bring 0 zergling to air.
Right, you solved it yourself :)
When unit is burrowed it is still on ground location, the elevation (low/mid/high) depends on the tile.
Thanks for the extra info :)



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring