Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Bug while trying to save
Bug while trying to save
May 3 2009, 5:20 pm
By: Devourer  

May 3 2009, 5:20 pm Devourer Post #1

Hello

So, I just noticed that "Mirror X" "Mirror Y" "Mirror X/Y" at the top of the SCMdraft while making terrain, I used that function and I really love it :] (nice feature, SI)

But the problem is, that when I try to save the map, following message pops up and the map is not saved.


How to fix? Someone encountered the same bug?


I tried:
Other save-location
Other map
Other Dimension
Other mapformat (scx/scm)

Always some error.



EDIT:
THAT ERROR DOES ALWAYS ENCOUNT! ANYONE GOT ANY CLUE? Arg...



EDIT:
When I try to open an existing map this error encounts:



I tried to setup SCMdraft with the file roy's post contained, this error encounered:

The setup crashes immedeatily after that error, the error appears when pressing the finish button at the end of the setup.
SCMDraft (and other editors) + starcraft were closed while using the setup.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on May 3 2009, 6:42 pm by DeVouReR.



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 3 2009, 6:21 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

This error usually pops up when you have the current map opened (playing) on SC. If SC is open, exit the game and/or close SC. If another editor is open, close that editor. If none of these apply, I'm stumped; more information may help.

I had no problems saving after using the mirror features. Do you have the latest Scmdraft 2?

If it's only terrain, you can select it all, copy, create a new map and paste it.




May 3 2009, 6:29 pm Devourer Post #3

Hello

Quote from Roy
This error usually pops up when you have the current map opened (playing) on SC. If SC is open, exit the game and/or close SC. If another editor is open, close that editor. If none of these apply, I'm stumped; more information may help.

I had no problems saving after using the mirror features. Do you have the latest Scmdraft 2?

If it's only terrain, you can select it all, copy, create a new map and paste it.
No other editor, either the game itself, is opened.

I got SCMdraft2 0.8.0



Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 3 2009, 6:44 pm Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Devourer
No other editor, either the game itself, is opened.

I got SCMdraft2 0.8.0
Right, but there's like 20 versions of 0.8.0. Besides, reinstalling never hurts. Have you tried restarting ScmDraft? Or maybe even restarting your computer? This is a simple file location transfer error.

And I'm not sure what to say on the setup error :P Are you running XP or Vista, or maybe something else?




May 4 2009, 12:09 am rockz Post #5

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Have you tried saving it to C:?



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring