Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Crashing Problem
Crashing Problem
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Apr 28 2009, 9:01 pm
By: xYoshix  

Apr 28 2009, 9:01 pm xYoshix Post #1



Okay.. I have this map that I just made terrain for. I tested it today and it crashed right after the mission briefings.
A few days ago I tested it and it worked fine. Today all I did was change the unit's names, place units and place some extra peices of terrain.
I have tried for hours trying to figure out whats wrong, but I can't find what it is.
I have checked the crash list. I don't think I have any crashing sprites/units. I changed the filename and title, but it still crashed. I gave all of the extended player's units to a computer, but it still crashed.
Now I am quite frustrated and have to confront you guys for help...the map is attached.



None.

Apr 28 2009, 9:08 pm Pigy_G Post #2



there's a problem with your unit placements, I deleted all the units on the map and it stopped crashing.



None.

Apr 28 2009, 9:36 pm xYoshix Post #3



I have tested by removing section after section of units and i found out that the gateway is making it crash. Why does it make it crash?

Edit: Nvm I found out why. The gateway's hp was set to 0... I didn't know that setting it to 0 would make it crash... Topic could be closed now...



None.

Apr 28 2009, 9:55 pm MadZombie Post #4



Gateways HP was probly 1/0



None.

Apr 28 2009, 10:07 pm Morphling Post #5



Quote from xYoshix
I have tested by removing section after section of units and i found out that the gateway is making it crash. Why does it make it crash?

Edit: Nvm I found out why. The gateway's hp was set to 0... I didn't know that setting it to 0 would make it crash... Topic could be closed now...
Only buildings with 0 hp will crash. Unit's with 0 hp can be attacked, but will never die.



None.

Apr 28 2009, 11:15 pm Roy Post #6

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Morphling
Only buildings with 0 hp will crash.
Don't give half-truths...

Only pre-placed buildings with 0 hp will crash the game. You can set a building's hp to 0 and spawn it anytime during the game; it will not crash the game.

* Side note: I use "only" in regards to hp range; you can certainly find more ways to make a game crash with buildings.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[02:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: DarkenedFantasies, O)FaRTy1billion[MM]