Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Trigger w/o a condition?
Trigger w/o a condition?
Apr 25 2009, 1:54 am
By: Jello-Jigglers  

Apr 25 2009, 1:54 am Jello-Jigglers Post #1



I recently opened up zombie arcade( dl here http://www.staredit.net/?file=272 )

It wasn't working when I tried to play, and I assumed it was because I was playing single player so I decided to edit some of the triggers to get it to allow me to play sp. Anyway, #1 I really don't like how he labeled his locs and units but w/e. #2, I found out that some of the triggers are left without a condition. What exactly does that do?? Does it act like an "always" condition or "never" (<--- my best guesses)

Thanks.


ps I couldn't figure out how to make it sp(or if that's even the problem at all), so if someone else wants to make a copy for me and pm it to me I would appreciate it :)



None.

Apr 25 2009, 1:59 am Magicide Post #2

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

It makes the trigger fire constantly.

I found this out when I disabled all the conditions for a trigger that created and killed high templar. Much templar blood was spilled T_T




Apr 25 2009, 2:01 am Jello-Jigglers Post #3



Your answers contradict...



None.

Apr 25 2009, 2:10 am Magicide Post #4

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

Difference is, I've had it happen.

FTS is just theorising.




Apr 25 2009, 2:11 am Falkoner Post #5



It acts as an Always, since nothing returns false, triggers don't check for everything to return true, it checks for one thing to return false, that takes up less processing power.



None.

Apr 25 2009, 2:15 am Jello-Jigglers Post #6



Ok so has anyone taken a look at the map and figured out why it isn't working?? I can't figure it out...



None.

Apr 25 2009, 2:15 am Falkoner Post #7



Are you playing it in Single Player, or playing it online but alone?



None.

Apr 25 2009, 2:18 am Jello-Jigglers Post #8



Tried both. Still didn't work.



None.

Apr 25 2009, 2:21 am Falkoner Post #9



Change some of the human players into computers and see if it lets you play then.



None.

Apr 25 2009, 5:25 am Jello-Jigglers Post #10



Quote from Falkoner
Change some of the human players into computers and see if it lets you play then.
Meh... Still doesn't run.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[02:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: DarkenedFantasies, O)FaRTy1billion[MM]