Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Moar Lings Plz map
Moar Lings Plz map
Aug 15 2008, 11:10 pm
By: StrikerX22  

Aug 15 2008, 11:10 pm StrikerX22 Post #1



I'm in a hurry today, and will be busy the next couple days, as I'm having my bday party tomorrow, and stuff to do on tonight/sunday. But I was just thinking a moment ago that I wanted to make a fairly quick little zergling wave defense map, for the heck of it. I barely started the map, put down a little description, title, forces.

So basically I was wondering if anyone would like to pick this map up and maybe do a little terrain for it? I'm perfectly willing to do the triggers, though I'm not entirely sure how it will work yet.

so far, I basically have decided on an Ash terrain for something a bit different, as well as zerg-like. I figured I'd have 2-4 enemy comp players with different zergling tech upgrades. Actually, now that I think about it, I could have the human team and the computer helper player I have each have a zerg tech, and give it to two enemy comps. This way, you can have slow move/attack lings, and every combination of techs. I also was considering more comp players for different weapon upgrades/armor, which do not cross over when a unit is given. I also intend to use hero lings for further upgrades, and HP %'s. Anyhow, any suggestions would be great.

I also figured you'd make a defense around your comp helper base. The base comp will mine for your units, and those resources will probably be distributed evenly among the available human players. Those players will build the tech tree of probably whatever race they desire, but perhaps just Terran. I figured the base would be in the center of the map, but really nothing is final. I'm not even sure how the waves will come in. Perhaps some trickery could even be pulled randomly.

Anyhow, this map's not a big deal. Just thought it might be fun. If you know of a similar defense map, let me know. If you'd like to help with terrain, great, as I'm not good with it. If you have concerns or suggestions/ideas for terrain/triggers/stuff, have at it. It'll be worked on casually.

Map is attached, though of course it could be completely overhauled with different dimensions and tileset etc. Very little on it.

Attachments:
Moar Lings Plz.scx
Hits: 3 Size: 38.43kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 16 2008, 10:40 am by StrikerX22. Reason: typo



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, Prankenstein, DarkenedFantasies