Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Visual Effects List
Visual Effects List
Apr 6 2008, 1:57 am
By: lil-Inferno
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
 

Apr 30 2008, 4:40 am stickynote Post #41



That would make an awesome post-war/zombie apocalypse/ninja raid/alien invasion aesthetic. Broken buildings!!!!! :D



None.

Apr 30 2008, 11:21 am Vi3t-X Post #42



Indeed.



None.

May 1 2008, 9:36 pm Vi3t-X Post #43



I noticed how you didnt note that stasised units can still be killed via actual bullets AND triggers.



None.

May 1 2008, 9:45 pm lil-Inferno Post #44

Just here for the pie

Quote from Vi3t-X
I noticed how you didnt note that stasised units can still be killed via actual bullets AND triggers.
Which is not a Visual Effect :O .




May 2 2008, 12:46 am Vi3t-X Post #45



Yes it is. Frozen Units that blow up. Its an explodzing Icecubez!



None.

May 2 2008, 12:54 am stickynote Post #46



The stasis blows up too? I thought the unit blew up and the stasis just disappeared. :wtfage:



None.

May 2 2008, 1:45 am Vi3t-X Post #47



Yea. But as a special effect, if you remove the unit, the stasis still "fades off" (I beleive, Ive seen it before, maybe it was a dt dying). That "fade" effect can result in the formation of TRUE hail! Or a meteor and large crash landing icy stuff.



None.

May 2 2008, 2:24 am stickynote Post #48



Alright, I remember what it looks like. The stasis dissolves upwards to the tip. I don't know if it would even resemble hail.



None.

May 2 2008, 3:08 am Vi3t-X Post #49



Fine... Its an ice cube that is quickly ripping appart. Heat Ray!?



None.

May 2 2008, 3:49 am stickynote Post #50



It's not ripping apart. It shrinks upwards to a point somewhere at the center top of the stasis. Just stasis a unit, change invincibility, kill the unit and see for yourself; it's easier to understand if you see it rather than reading about it.



None.

May 5 2008, 6:58 am Ryan Post #51



I don't think that map was actually a "playable" map, it was more to show off terrain possibilities. Very beautiful terraining, I might add. I think it was called "MARINE *something*".



None.

May 19 2008, 5:08 am Vi3t-X Post #52



There are also many building combinations that can be created through "Incomplete building".



None.

May 21 2008, 10:01 pm Rantent Post #53



Boat? :lol:

sen fails :(



None.

May 21 2008, 10:20 pm lil-Inferno Post #54

Just here for the pie

WOW! That's a pretty damn unique concept!




May 22 2008, 12:13 am KrayZee Post #55



Blizzard is pirate organization? :ranting:



None.

May 22 2008, 12:54 am Vi3t-X Post #56



I sail the seas hoping I dont get screwed over by a DWeb.



None.

May 22 2008, 1:11 am stickynote Post #57



Does it show up like that in-game? Or only in the editor? I thought scarabs automatically exploded.



None.

May 24 2008, 4:10 pm A_of-s_t Post #58

aka idmontie

Quote from lil-Inferno
It's mainly to make unique terrain, a good example of a unique place by combining visual effects and terrain is this by qPirateKing:


I also advise all of you Terrain Ladder people to make unique pieces, they are better than just heavily doodaded and extended pieces :wink: .
Can someone upload that map to the dldb?



Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

May 29 2008, 9:47 pm stickynote Post #59



The screenshot is orgasmic.



None.

Jun 1 2008, 7:03 pm Zergblender Post #60



which map is that? I wanna see it in the editor



None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]