Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Jungle + Badlands (driving myself crazy)
Jungle + Badlands (driving myself crazy)
May 18 2024, 3:44 am
By: Sylph-Of-Space  

May 18 2024, 3:44 am Sylph-Of-Space Post #1



I've been keeping it at it after I'm done my full-time job kind of late into the night, sorry to not post anything in a minute. My big push right now is to figure out new blends and modify cliff heights wherever you can/break up the boxiness of isometric terrain wherever it's possible.













Some blends are "borrowed" from my older maps, some are from WoodenFire/other great terrainers, but they are genuinely the best way to do certain things, and none of the actual terrain pieces are copies. The idea of non-standard/slightly taller/not just stacked cliff heights is something i made in a map a long time ago but never actually shared with anyone. I'll try compiling all of these into a coherent map later. Honestly this is just cause I tend to work in a really messy way still and I don't think my current maps would be much help to anyone.



None.

May 18 2024, 3:51 am Sylph-Of-Space Post #2



Oops! Forgot that I expanded the badlands grass area!





None.

May 18 2024, 5:38 pm Ultraviolet Post #3

We do a little trolling

These are awesome! I love that you have the grass going all the way up to the cliff edges. I always hated how in regular isom, if you want grassy areas and cliff areas, there has to be an awkward patch of dirt separating them.



My Projects:

Impossible Ultraviolet | Impossible UV 2 | Impossible UV 3
Mercenaries 2020 | Mercenaries III
Squad Defense

Legacy Projects (No guarantee of functionality in modern SC):

Pixel Adventure 2 | Space Snipers | Control the Ball

______________________________________________

Join me in Torn City

May 19 2024, 8:37 am IlyaSnopchenko Post #4

The Curious

Awesome. Now, if only someone would give my maps this kind of treatment. :)



Trial and error... mostly error.

May 20 2024, 3:55 am Sylph-Of-Space Post #5



Quote from IlyaSnopchenko
Awesome. Now, if only someone would give my maps this kind of treatment. :)

If you have a map you want me to polish up and I can find some time, please lmk. I always wanted to actually *finish* something rather than just show off WIP pieces that never go anywhere (i mean it's still fun lol).



None.

Mar 18 2026, 7:20 pm anoeth47 Post #6

Pawn Sacrifice

badlands free standing stores



Starcraft: It's only a game. We didn't cure cancer. Loosen up.
1 'severity' down, 9 'severities' to go! Always missing a step in the process.
Is that better? Gotta get on a budget & work off my negative mineral debt. It all started with Pong at the Hilltop Diner in Queens in 1973. I write manuals for managers not staff. This place has more rules than a HOA! AKA Discord: FredFlintsone. "Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world." Arthur Schopenhauer "I have no friends, I only have accomplices now. On the other hand, my accomplices are more numerous than my friends: they are the human race." Albert Camus

Mar 19 2026, 10:48 pm Ultraviolet Post #7

We do a little trolling

Quote from anoeth47
badlands free standing stores

Should probably post some pics along with it. And maybe start your own thread instead of necroing this one.



My Projects:

Impossible Ultraviolet | Impossible UV 2 | Impossible UV 3
Mercenaries 2020 | Mercenaries III
Squad Defense

Legacy Projects (No guarantee of functionality in modern SC):

Pixel Adventure 2 | Space Snipers | Control the Ball

______________________________________________

Join me in Torn City

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: O)FaRTy1billion[MM]