Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Problem with color
Problem with color
Aug 26 2020, 3:25 pm
By: C(a)HeK  

Aug 26 2020, 3:25 pm C(a)HeK Post #1



Hello folks, I has a question about color in mission.
Look at screenshots:
1) Original text
2) Rus text in 1.16
3) Rus text in Remastered

Phrase construction:
<08><08>AGROVAK
You imbecile! Have you forgotten your position?!

Why is only the name red? (1.16), but in Remastered all text is red?
Because of it I fixed phrase construction in Remastered:
<08><08>AGROVAK
<02>You imbecile! Have you forgotten your position?!

Attachments:
agro original.png
Hits: 7 Size: 104.15kb
agro 1.16.png
Hits: 5 Size: 106.03kb
agro remastered.jpg
Hits: 5 Size: 235.91kb



Hello everyone, friends. You can call me Alexander. :)
Additional Story Series creator
Maps & Info - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/8yj1Y_ddxE9FIA
Videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvj8rhscGCvTrcYKVyvvMP7uTxlkSjMzz

Aug 27 2020, 4:26 am DarkenedFantasies Post #2

Roy's Secret Service

In 1.16.1 (and earlier), the game has 11 different memory addresses for each line of display text. When <OD><0A> (line break) or <0C> (page break) are reached in the string, or it gets truncated from running out of screen space, the following text continues on the next memory address.

The subsequent line of text loses the previous color because it inherits the <02> tag given by default to all display text lines.

Remastered presumably handles display texts and newlines differently, in a way that allows new lines of text to retain the last color tag from the string. I don't know how Remastered handles it.




Aug 27 2020, 5:07 am C(a)HeK Post #3



Remastered presumably handles display texts and newlines differently, in a way that allows new lines of text to retain the last color tag from the string. I don't know how Remastered handles it.

Is there anything I can do to make the colors in the Remastered work like in 1.16?



Hello everyone, friends. You can call me Alexander. :)
Additional Story Series creator
Maps & Info - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/8yj1Y_ddxE9FIA
Videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvj8rhscGCvTrcYKVyvvMP7uTxlkSjMzz

Aug 27 2020, 7:29 am DarkenedFantasies Post #4

Roy's Secret Service

Manually writing <02> like you did is probably the best, if not the only thing to do. Also for the name you don't need double <08>, only one tag is sufficient.




Aug 27 2020, 7:42 am C(a)HeK Post #5



Manually writing <02> like you did is probably the best, if not the only thing to do
So I do.

Also for the name you don't need double <08>, only one tag is sufficient.
So the author wrote, not me.

Thank you for help!



Hello everyone, friends. You can call me Alexander. :)
Additional Story Series creator
Maps & Info - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/8yj1Y_ddxE9FIA
Videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvj8rhscGCvTrcYKVyvvMP7uTxlkSjMzz

Aug 27 2020, 10:21 pm DaMnUFo0 Post #6



I knew you'd eventually encounter this problem. I had that same problem, too, when I first started working on my current project via remastered. You just need to add a new color text tag for remastered if you want to differentiate the color. I think I addressed this in the 1.16 version of Unorthodox Training map that I sent you.




Aug 28 2020, 11:24 am C(a)HeK Post #7



Quote from DaMnUFo0
I knew you'd eventually encounter this problem. I had that same problem, too, when I first started working on my current project via remastered. You just need to add a new color text tag for remastered if you want to differentiate the color. I think I addressed this in the 1.16 version of Unorthodox Training map that I sent you.

I made just like you. :)

Attachments:
UT.png
Hits: 2 Size: 104.31kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 28 2020, 12:28 pm by C(a)HeK.



Hello everyone, friends. You can call me Alexander. :)
Additional Story Series creator
Maps & Info - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/8yj1Y_ddxE9FIA
Videos - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvj8rhscGCvTrcYKVyvvMP7uTxlkSjMzz

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: NudeRaider, Andrea Rosa