Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Importing .wavs easily
Importing .wavs easily
Oct 30 2015, 12:05 pm
By: Pr0nogo  

Oct 30 2015, 12:05 pm Pr0nogo Post #1



SCMDraft's .wav import tool is primitive at best, and StarEdit won't open many maps without changing shit around (team colour, unit/doodad placements, etc.). I need an efficient method of mass importing 100+ wavs at a time without compromising by using either of these two programmes (unless some older version of SCMDraft has this feature? but I doubt that is the case).

I was told to check out StarForge but haven't had any luck making it work so I don't know if that's a viable alternative. Is there a third-party tool for this?




Oct 30 2015, 4:49 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

You could create a new map in Staredit, import all the wavs, then import all the rest of your map via SC Map Importer / Exporter.

A windows XP VM might prove useful to get Starforge to work.

Not sure how far ChkDraft is in terms of adding wavs.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 30 2015, 4:55 pm by NudeRaider.




Oct 30 2015, 5:02 pm jjf28 Post #3

Cartography Artisan

Quote from NudeRaider
Not sure how far ChkDraft is in terms of adding wavs.

Not yet implemented, though I'll make a note to have multi-select and import from MPQs.



TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Oct 31 2015, 4:59 am Pr0nogo Post #4



I'll try the map importer. No dice with starforge even with WinXP.

Thanks ajf




Oct 31 2015, 6:49 am poiuy_qwert Post #5

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Why not just add them with an MPQ editor?




Oct 31 2015, 8:20 am Pr0nogo Post #6



Doesn't work.




Oct 31 2015, 4:15 pm poiuy_qwert Post #7

PyMS and ProTRG developer

You sure about that? You should be able to add the wav's to the mpq and then in SCMDraft just add a string for each wav (which is the path of the wav in the mpq) and reference that string in your triggers. That should work, though the editors may not list the wav's in the normal way.




Oct 31 2015, 4:53 pm Pr0nogo Post #8



Messing with strings crashes SCMdraft for me most times but the bigger issue is that I don't use trigedit, I use the GUI.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[06:02 am]
Donald -- Samase
[2026-10-09. : 2:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[2026-10-09. : 2:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[2026-10-09. : 2:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[2026-10-09. : 2:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[2026-10-09. : 1:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[2026-10-09. : 1:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[2026-10-09. : 1:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[2026-10-09. : 1:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Symmetry, Butch