Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Pylon-less cannons
Pylon-less cannons
Dec 28 2007, 2:29 am
By: Impeached  

Dec 28 2007, 2:29 am Impeached Post #1



I've seen this done in Town Wars, but unfortunately that is protected.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 28 2007, 3:21 am by Impeached.



None.

Dec 28 2007, 3:16 am who Post #2



*protected
have a location around each cannon (without pylon), and constantly enable doodad state at that location.
e.g.
i have 3 cannons, each with a location around it

C:
always
A:
preserve
enable doodad state at cannon1
enable doodad state at cannon2
enable doodad state at cannon3



None.

Dec 28 2007, 3:26 am Impeached Post #3



Already tried that earlier, it failed. Here's the trigger.

Code
Trigger("All players"){
Conditions:
    Bring("Current Player", "Terran Supply Depot", "Anywhere", At least, 1);

Actions:
    Move Location("Current Player", "Terran Supply Depot", "Anywhere", "Cannon");
    Move Unit("All players", "Any unit", All, "Cannon", "Buffer");
    Remove Unit At Location("All players", "Terran Supply Depot", All, "Cannon");
    Create Unit("Current Player", "Protoss Photon Cannon", 1, "Cannon");
    Set Doodad State("Current Player", "Protoss Photon Cannon", "Cannon", enabled);
    Move Unit("All players", "Any unit", All, "Buffer", "Cannon");
    Play WAV("sound\\Misc\\Land.WAV", 0);
    Preserve Trigger();
}


EDIT: I made a preserved trigger enabling doodad state for cannons at anywhere and now it works. Thanks anyway.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 28 2007, 3:34 am by Impeached.



None.

Dec 28 2007, 3:34 am payne Post #4

:payne:

Search in Wiki's... there must be one...



None.

Dec 28 2007, 3:36 am who Post #5



That's because it only enables it once; when it makes the depot.
You have to constantly enable it, or it will go unpowered again.
I suggest having a cycle system for the cannons between 2 players (with the same alliances)

e.g.

C:
p1 brings at least 1 cannon to anywhere
A:
move location onto cannon owned by p1
enable doodad state at location
give cannon to p2
preserve

C:
p1 brings exactly 0 cannon to anywhere
A:
give all cannon owned by p2 at anywhere to p1

If there are going to be a lot (like over 20) cannons in the map, copy the first trigger several times so it executes faster. Make sure you have hyper triggers. Also, you won't be able to left click the cannons (giving units deselects).

EDIT: Oh, enable at anywhere works. Didn't know that... forget the cycling.



None.

Dec 28 2007, 9:06 am NudeRaider Post #6

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from someone09
EDIT: Oh, enable at anywhere works. Didn't know that... forget the cycling.
When you enable the cannon at anywhere always the same (leftmost) cannon will be activated.
You CAN use anywhere but you WILL have to use the cycling between players.




Dec 28 2007, 1:00 pm who Post #7



Oh, so then you need to use the cycling for multiple cannons.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[06:02 am]
Donald -- Samase
[2026-10-09. : 2:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[2026-10-09. : 2:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[2026-10-09. : 2:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[2026-10-09. : 2:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[2026-10-09. : 1:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[2026-10-09. : 1:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[2026-10-09. : 1:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[2026-10-09. : 1:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Symmetry, Butch