Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Heroes not gaining XP
[SOLVED] Heroes not gaining XP
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Mar 27 2012, 12:15 am
By: PunWisp  

Mar 27 2012, 12:15 am PunWisp Post #1



Following this guide here

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/data-editor-656/create-hero-attributes-167754/

I was trying to learn how to make a hero, so I made a new map, and was turning zealots into heroes, to throw around ideas for future stuff. Well, after getting through most of this.. The one big issue I am having is that Heroes don't gain xp from killing units.. And I am having a very difficult time figuring out why. I have it set so it requires 10 xp to go from level 1 to 2, and I have 1 attribute (Strength). Which its very difficult to test everything if units don't give xp.. And this guide doesn't go into much of any depth in that regard besides sharing xp. Apparantly its suppose to be all set up and work after creating the veterancy system. But it doesn't...

I am using lings/drones as fodder for testing the leveling system.


EDIT: Found the issue after looking it up more, the trigger with the default melee options disables xp gain, disabling trigger solves the issue.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 27 2012, 12:32 am by PunWisp.



None.

Mar 27 2012, 12:36 am DevliN Post #2

Woah

If you have the time, I recommend watching all of OneTwo's tutorial videos starting with this one. They're pretty simple explanations of how to create heroes.

That said, it seems like the issue is that units aren't providing any experience points. Go to the Zergling and Drone units, and find the "Combat: Kill Experience:" field. Set that to 1, or whatever value you want. Now try to kill them to gain experience.

If you still aren't getting any experience, it seems like that would be an issue with the veterancy behavior. Are you sure you have the veterancy added to the hero's "Behavior: Behaviors+"? Though I don't think it is necessary, it may also help to set the unit's "Unit: Flags+" to include "Hero."

Hopefully one or both of those helps.

EDIT:
Nevermind. :awesome:



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor