Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Zoomed Camera, resolution & camera boundaries
Zoomed Camera, resolution & camera boundaries
Mar 18 2012, 12:18 am
By: Ahli  

Mar 18 2012, 12:18 am Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Please have a look at these 2 pictures:


^ 1024x768


^ 1920x1080

Both resolutions display the same scene... at least they should...
But in reality, the widescreen resolution doesn't show enough of the map as it hits the camera boundary to early for my chosen zoom.

Small clarification: in both pictures the screen is obviously centered on the hero...

My settings (modified default camera)
Code
CCamera_BorderSizeX     0
CCamera_BorderSizeY     0
CCamera_TargetSmooth_SmoothTimeMax     0.100000
CCamera_TargetSmooth_SmoothTimeMin     0.100000
CCamera_TargetSmooth_VelocityMax     222222224.000000
CCamera_ZoomTable_Param_Value     ((0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|21.111111|56.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000)|(0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|30.000000|52.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000)|(0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|26.000000|48.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000)|(0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|22.000000|44.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000)|(0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|18.000000|40.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000))

Basically I set the distance from 34 to 21.111111.

Is there a way that makes the screen with 16:9 to be able to scroll far enough to see the same area as the 4:3 ration?
Can I adjust how much space the camera takes up or do I need to adjust all camera boundaries and shift everything in my map more far away of the edges of the map?

Or is the camera just that limited?
If yes, that's something Blizzard could improve, too...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 18 2012, 2:36 am by Ahli. Reason: added clarification




Mar 18 2012, 12:30 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

No, different ratios are going to see more or less of a scene.

Here's how ratios work in SC2:


As you can tell, if you try to zoom in the 16:9 to see the same horizontal as the 4:3, it will have a significantly poorer vertical view.

A possible remedy (albeit a bad one) is to always assume a 4:3 ratio, and just have black fog/unimportant terrain covering the side edges for 16:9 and 16:10 viewers.




Mar 18 2012, 1:01 am Ahli Post #3

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Roy
No, different ratios are going to see more or less of a scene.
I know that. That applies to an unmodified cameras.

In my camera I zoomed in because people complained about how far away they are from the hero. So I reduced the distance.
Now if come close to edge of a camera boundary the widescreen is f*cked because it doesn't show everything. 4:3 ratio however does.




Mar 18 2012, 2:17 am Jack Post #4

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Ah now I see, widescreen doesn't show the two guys sitting there. Hmmmm. I can't think off the top of my head a way to fix this, I'd say it's something Blizzard could fix.



Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 23 2012, 6:18 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

"Fixed" my problem with height changes of the hero (+10), the actor (-10) and the camera (-10) instead of adjusting the distance.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works in my case.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: sarahtaylor